James Yeager bought a 1911! (Warning: James Yeager video inside)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So apparently James Yeager bought a 1911. :popcorn:

[video=youtube;BYF0ePlw5ac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYF0ePlw5ac[/video]

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    So wait...he openly admits he hasn't shot more than 200 rounds through a 1911, yet has continually criticized them in the past?? Good stuff

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No matter how he spins this, it really about how he wants to be awesome like the rest of us 1911 owners. We'll have to see if he's really awesome or if he comes up short.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Darn it! I fell for it and watched the video… ten minutes of my life I'll never get back for no discernible gain.

The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    Did he throw it in the dirt, say it was just a "tool" while stomping on it and then have it discharge "by itself" and put a hole in a student's truck?

Cuz, you know, that's what his Trainers do.

The Professor

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Occasionally, he'll make a good point, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. He tends to be very one dimensional in his thinking. A lot of his solutions are 'one size fits all' as in his railing against the .40 caliber Glocks. I think he's a bit disingenuous in his continually calling the .40 S&W a high pressure round. It has the same pressure spec as the 9mm. He could make his case by saying that it's a high energy round that's harder on the gun than a 9mm round is, but he does not seem to want to do that because we like high energy rounds.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It does say he is getting a Cabot 1911 most likely also... That'll be super cool to see though, those things are sweet! I actually look forward to the videos coming out.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't own and love a 1911. Really, it's like people that don't like dogs, there's something missing from their soul.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is going to be fun. I can't wait for the review.

My guess is that he'll beat the drum about how you have to spend $2000 to get a decent 1911. He's said that before and this looks like he's setting up an entry level 1911 for failure to prove his point. Hopefully, he's honest about the results. It could be an interesting test to see how a stock, entry level 1911 stands up to a high round count along side an expensive one.

I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't own and love a 1911. Really, it's like people that don't like dogs, there's something missing from their soul.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Every gun owner should spend time owning a good, reliable 1911. Preferably a full size one. Shooting a nice 1911 is really a nice experience to have.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Every gun owner should spend time owning a good, reliable 1911. Preferably a full size one. Shooting a nice 1911 is really a nice experience to have.

A local guy here...Little Feather leather made some of the finest holsters any where...Amazing artist...Half Scots Irish and half Cherokee, wore his hair down past his waist and braided his pony tail...A great guy..

One day I was in his shop visiting with him while he was finishing up my holster...Out of the blue he looked at me and said, "If at some point one doesn't own a big a$$ revolver, a 1911, a pump shotgun and a lever action rifle I start to question whether they are really an American..." I kind of chuckled and he looked at me and said, "I am serious..."

He closed a couple of years ago...Wife got sick with the big C and I heard he didn't last long after..I just googled to try and find a pic of some of his work and came across these...He had LEO patches from across the nation from his customers...He once said "Cops carry Little Feather from Maine to L.A."

He worked for Lawrence in the 1970's and was chief designer for Gould and Goodrich in the 1980's...I read an article in American Handgunner back in the 1990's that said Chris (Little Feather) designed many of the holsters that we wear today that have other peoples names attached to them...I asked him about that and he said he was paid a salary to design and build holsters and his ego could care less over whose name is now attached to them...One of them is a pretty well known holster design...

0911151202_zpszc6nicby.jpg

Littlefeathersp101.jpg

holster2.jpg

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I watched about 10 minutes of a JY video once. It brought to mind an Obi-wan-Kenobi quote: "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Top Bottom