• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Watching this show when I was young probably contributed to my enjoyment of cars to this day. I definitely didn't know Sorrell wore a padded suit as Boss Hogg and his acting waddle had me fooled until now. That is really neat he had the brains to graduate Yale, learn the various foreign languages and serve our Country in an intelligence role. :thumbsup:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have heard some of the cast talk about some of this before, they all speak very highly of him. There was more to the man than what we saw on TV.

Loved the show growing up. It is where my love for Chargers began.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think Dukes of Hazzard was basically spun off from Smokey and the Bandit. Same scenario where Jackie Gleason's character = Boss Hogg and Burt Reynolds/Jerry Reed = Bo and Luke. Story lines were different of course, but the same types of characters in both.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think Dukes of Hazzard was basically spun off from Smokey and the Bandit. Same scenario where Jackie Gleason's character = Boss Hogg and Burt Reynolds/Jerry Reed = Bo and Luke. Story lines were different of course, but the same types of characters in both.
    It certainly was inspired by Smoky and the Bandit's success.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Of course. Plus Jerry Reed had a Basset Hound, so did Roscoe. Burts name was "Bo" just like John Schneider.

Plus, Sonny Shroyer, Ben Jones and John Schneider were actually in Smokey and the Bandit.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I do not think such a show would be allowed on the air waves today.

Hell, many car shows have banned the "Duke Boys' Charger" from even appearing with a flag the car's nickname.

The american taliban has been hard at work.

Top Bottom