• ...and so much more!
  • cl4p-tp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Kokomo
    IWI Tavor owners

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone within 1 to 1 1/2 hrs from Peru has one that they would be willing to let me shoot. I'll bring the ammo and just want to shoot 1 or 2 magazines worth to see if I like it before I spend $1700 on one.

Thanks

ETA: or if anybody knows of a range with one for rent in that range that would work also

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Parabelllum Range in Avon has a Tavor that they rent if that might interest you. I have one and I've been pretty impressed with it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Yep. I love mine as well, like someone else mentioned, the factory trigger is heavy. I have not done anything with my trigger. Here are a couple pics of mine.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mike at USDS, (local shop here on the South side of Indy) replaced the factory flash hider for me. Installed is an AAC Blackout 51T. I have yet to shoot it with the new hider, was hoping to this weekend, but it doesn't look likely.

They are great rifles, well balanced and easy to handle.

WatermAlan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2014
    Carmel
    Parabelllum Range in Avon has a Tavor that they rent if that might interest you. I have one and I've been pretty impressed with it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

Thanks for this! I've also been looking for a range to try one out. I'll definitely be making a trip out to Avon soon. I expect that I will be dropping some extra money in the near future! :spend:

cl4p-tp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Kokomo

Perfect, Avon is definateley doable. Thanks for the info

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I'm on the Indy Southside and within 10 minutes of the Beech Grove indoor range. Google maps says I'm 1hour 36minutes from Peru so pretty close to your drive limit. I'd be happy to meet up at Beech Grove Firearms sometime and let you shoot mine.

July2014_Side_1_zps59791b00.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm on the Indy Southside and within 10 minutes of the Beech Grove indoor range. Google maps says I'm 1hour 36minutes from Peru so pretty close to your drive limit. I'd be happy to meet up at Beech Grove Firearms sometime and let you shoot mine.

July2014_Side_1_zps59791b00.jpg

Nice forearm on that, I hadn't seen that before. Also I read that Geiselle (sp?) is going to make a replacement trigger as well.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Nice forearm on that, I hadn't seen that before. Also I read that Geiselle (sp?) is going to make a replacement trigger as well.

(Sorry - straying from the OP's issue a bit :hijack:) The forearm is from Midwest Industries and has a Surefire Scout light mounted inside. I'm waiting for all of the triggers to be out for awhile and see the reports over time before dropping any money on that mod, if ever. Some have the Timney and like it but there have been lots of reports of problems (light strikes). ShootingSight just started shipping his to a waiting list and the initial reports are good. Giessele will hopefully have theirs out soon.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Is the Mepro 21 removable or is it permanently affixed? Thank you Gentlemen for the information!

The IDF version (which is not pictured in the US Defense Solutions picture) has the optic secured directly to the barrel. If you want the option to remove the optic or put something else on it, you should get the standard picatinny version. Mine is the standard version with an M21 mounted on it with QD levers. Although I really like the optic and the favor the look of the IDF version, I'm glad I went with this version. My bad eyes see an Eotech reticle much better and I think I'll change it out eventually.

Top Bottom