• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    I am looking for holster suggestions for fat folks. Being overweight I have struggled to find a IWB holster that is comfortable. Right now I have a Sig P365 and an M&P Shield EZ 9mm and I am looking for IWB holsters for both or even a OWB that would work for the M&P EZ. I have bought a Safariland owb and the mag release is so soft the mag keeps ejecting. I am not sure if I like the EZ for that reason.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My love handles are here to stay.

I use a Sticky holster for cz75 and it stays put.

It lasts about a year, then get a fresh new one.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Wear your pants 2 inches too big and wear suspenders. Life is much better that way.
    i started wearing suspenders this winter. What an amazing decision. Loose waist but no worry about having your pants fall down. Now that its warmer im back to the belt. Trying to hold off looking like larry king for as long as possible.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I am looking for holster suggestions for fat folks. Being overweight I have struggled to find a IWB holster that is comfortable. Right now I have a Sig P365 and an M&P Shield EZ 9mm and I am looking for IWB holsters for both or even a OWB that would work for the M&P EZ. I have bought a Safariland owb and the mag release is so soft the mag keeps ejecting. I am not sure if I like the EZ for that reason.
    Couple of ideas.

First off, what belt are you using? A $20 department store belt will not work. You need a proper gun belt. That is the foundation of carrying on the waist. A good number of INGOers like the Super BioBelt from Daltech Force. Looks like a regular belt but it's a real gun belt.

Second, you say that your OWB holster doesn't cover the mag release. Get a holster that does. Bravo Concealment has a great OWB for a decent price. They may even be running a BOGO so you could get the OWB and the IWB for about $60 shipped.

Third, as Chez eluded to, wearing your pants under your dunlap isn't the best. Get a proper size pants and try them.

As a big guy myself, AIWB is something I am trying. It is doable for the circumferencely challenged.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    i started wearing suspenders this winter. What an amazing decision. Loose waist but no worry about having your pants fall down. Now that its warmer im back to the belt. Trying to hold off looking like larry king for as long as possible.
    Good plan. Larry King is not looking too good these days.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    Couple of ideas.

First off, what belt are you using? A $20 department store belt will not work. You need a proper gun belt. That is the foundation of carrying on the waist. A good number of INGOers like the Super BioBelt from Daltech Force. Looks like a regular belt but it's a real gun belt.

Second, you say that your OWB holster doesn't cover the mag release. Get a holster that does. Bravo Concealment has a great OWB for a decent price. They may even be running a BOGO so you could get the OWB and the IWB for about $60 shipped.

Third, as Chez eluded to, wearing your pants under your dunlap isn't the best. Get a proper size pants and try them.

As a big guy myself, AIWB is something I am trying. It is doable for the circumferencely challenged.
    I wear a steel lined leather belt, Bigfoot gun belt.
    The Bianchi does cover the mag release but it's spring is soft enough that if ya break wind I'm sure the mag will go flying....
    I am waiting on 2 holsters from Blue holsters and have hopes they will work but in the mean time I wanted to get the opinion of other thick fellers.
    I can't wear over the roll pants due to surgeries that have left me unable to tolerate the pain.

Last edited:

RMG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    West Side

I've got several extra inches around the waist too. I've got a good leather gun belt and have used a Tulster AIWB holster with it for almost 2 years now. I have found it to be comfortable for EDC.

Tulster for Sig P365

TheJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    US
    Use a Sticky holster for cz75, it stays put. Or If you happen to have suspenders, Wear your pants 2 inches too big and wear suspenders.

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    8258bef5ffc33c664adee0c9db62d340.jpg

1329a9e16f8f15ab31ff17edaa3e118a.jpg

This is by far my favorite holster I’ve ever used. It’s a Red Hill Tactical premium iwb. I’m a bigger guy too. The thing I like about this setup is I can move it around enough to get comfortable and it stays put. The Swede does a really good job of preventing the holster from moving around. You can order them and get the configuration you prefer.

If your not familiar with Red Hill Tactical they are a small company that hand molds holsters in MD. They are the most popular holster in USPSA. They were made famous with their double layer competition holster, but I think the hidden gem is the premium IWB.

I’m on the shooting team for RHT and have a code you can use to save some money. “Archie”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    8258bef5ffc33c664adee0c9db62d340.jpg

1329a9e16f8f15ab31ff17edaa3e118a.jpg

This is by far my favorite holster I’ve ever used. It’s a Red Hill Tactical premium iwb. I’m a bigger guy too. The thing I like about this setup is I can move it around enough to get comfortable and it stays put. The Swede does a really good job of preventing the holster from moving around. You can order them and get the configuration you prefer.

If your not familiar with Red Hill Tactical they are a small company that hand molds holsters in MD. They are the most popular holster in USPSA. They were made famous with their double layer competition holster, but I think the hidden gem is the premium IWB.

I’m on the shooting team for RHT and have a code you can use to save some money. “Archie”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really like the one for a P365. I am definitely interested in it. Thanks for the link and the code

Top Bottom