• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Doing more research on the Iver Johnson I have run into a little dead end. So I need some help

This pistol belonged to my great grandmother. I don't know when she bought it or when she was born. Her son(my grandfather) was born in 1919 and he was not the oldest so I would guess she was born 1880-1900 range.

This is what I know so far
    Iver Johnson Break action revolver nickle plated.
    On the bottom of the hand grip is a number that I would think is the S/N. It's a five digit number starting with 25.
    In the top rib it has two lines of writing. They are kinda worn here is what I can make out. Or what it looks like to me.
    Iver Johnson arms and cycle works ------------ mass USA
    ------- Arp 6 86. Feb 15 87 May--------dec 28 93 Pats pending

The pistol is double action (pull the trigger the hammer goes back) but the hammer spring is broken. I have the spring it just in two pieces.

From what I have read there should be a letter stamped on the frame under the left hand guard but I don't see anything. Also all the S/N for the 3rd models start with a letter and are in the 30,000s so I assume its a 2nd model.

This is what I think
    looks like a 32 cal from the size of the cylinder.
    2nd model
    black powder (pretty sure this is right)

My goal is to bring this back to a working shape. I don't plan on shooting it but I would like to have all the parts together so it can be displayed.

I need
    Front sight
    break action pin
    hammer spring

Thanks for looking and any help is welcomed

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Not sure if this is what you have , checking Numrich Gun Parts Corp. I found these grips for a IVER JOHNSON | OLD MODEL SAFETY HAMMER AUTO REVOLVER, US REVOLVER. They look exactly like the ones on your gun so I think this might be what you have. Site says sold out one the mainspring but they might have some of the parts you are looking for. Sometimes if they don't list the part you are looking for one their website you can call them and they might have it.

Grips, .22 & .32 Cal., Left & Right, Replacement Gun Parts | 486990C | Numrich Gun Parts

Hope this helps You.

Last edited:

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Hello ,About your IVER Johnson pistol . If the frame has 4 pins in it it was made for smokeless powder Two or 3 pins = black powder .As far as parts for the gun probably you will have to buy a doner off Gunbroker parts are very hard to come by ,Try JACK FIRST gun parts also .The grips can be had from VENTAGE GRIPS (sp). Look up their web site & note which way the owl is facing . Yor grips are of the old black powder era. It will cost more to put the gun right than it is worth but it is a remembrance of your grandfather .Make a shadow box and display it the way it is . Good luck which way you go.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Nice Iver Johnson. I have one my grandmother gave me. It was my great grandfather's. When she gave it to me, it was loaded with green patina bullets (it looked cool but the gun had to be loaded for over 70 years). It is now a treasured memento.

Top Bottom