• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    Had a PSA blood test done on 11/17/2023 at IU in Muncie Ind. Got a bill in the mail today for 107.00. Looked on my Medicare account and it never was filed. Called IU and got this foreigner guy. This guy didn't know what Medicare is? I had to give him my Medicare account, their phone number and he even wanted their address. I've had many visits to IU in Muncie and never had anything like this before. Healthcare has gone to HE||. I would bet this one will come back to haunt me.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Had a PSA blood test done on 11/17/2023 at IU in Muncie Ind. Got a bill in the mail today for 107.00. Looked on my Medicare account and it never was filed. Called IU and got this foreigner guy. This guy didn't know what Medicare is? I had to give him my Medicare account, their phone number and he even wanted their address. I've had many visits to IU in Muncie and never had anything like this before. Healthcare has gone to HE||. I would bet this one will come back to haunt me.
    I`m strongly considering moving my medical care OUT of the IU healthcare system. ALL of the systems are liberal cesspools, but I`ve felt that IU is especially lax, loose, and unreliable.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    We had a billing issue with IU urgent care, they kept failing to bill our insurance carrier.

After two months with no updates, the wife called to see what's up and they had written off the bill vs filing with our insurance....

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We had a billing issue with IU urgent care, they kept failing to bill our insurance carrier.

After two months with no updates, the wife called to see what's up and they had written off the bill vs filing with our insurance....
    I spent a few years doing the job of the hospital and insurance acting as the go between to get things handled until I got fed up with it and just stopped. If they sent me a bill that hadn't been filed through insurance I just threw it in the trash. Did that for a good year before getting a call from the debt collector. I gave them a brief explanation of what had happened, that I didn't consider it my problem until they both did things correctly and told the lady I was not paying, period. She literally didn't know what to say and finally just said "ok" and hung up. Never heard another word about it and nothing ever hit my credit about it.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Last visit to my GP Doc we talked about Grandkids, Agent Orange amd Motorcycles. He told me IU was installing AI listening in all the Exam Rooms. Future conversations will be about my Medical Concerns only.......
    Listening or recording without consent of both parties is illegal, isn't it?

Of course you probably will sign some paperwork, that you didn't take an hour to read, that gives them permission to do what ever they want.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Listening or recording without consent of both parties is illegal, isn't it?

Of course you probably will sign some paperwork, that you didn't take an hour to read, that gives them permission to do what ever they want.

As long as the Dr knows, they are good to record.

1703896382618.png

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Last visit to my GP Doc we talked about Grandkids, Agent Orange amd Motorcycles. He told me IU was installing AI listening in all the Exam Rooms. Future conversations will be about my Medical Concerns only.......
    And that's the interesting part of AI in some applications. AI is doing amazing things related to providing recaps, etc in meetings for example, but it generally has to at least have transcription turned on (some apps may require recording but what we use can do an amazing amount with transcription).

In the settings I am in, most folks are comfortable with transcription and still get some joking, etc but some aren't. But it's not in a setting such as a medical appointment.

Recording then ramps it up to a different level for some folks and you can tell a difference in the interaction. Now take that into a setting where there is less familiarity and already some anxiousness and concern with privacy as there is with a medical appointment and it will definitely change the interaction. Especially when one side may not get to readily see the immediate benefit of AI directly (I.e the patient can't directly query the AI).

For my part having worked to some extent with AI I am already seeing tremendous benefits, but it will be interesting to see it introduced into settings such as medical, etc and understanding how the other party may use the data, and where the benefit is for both parties.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel your pain. my company is looking for a new IP Phone system. One of the requirements is to start recording all conversations between customers and customer facing staff to make sure the correct language is being used. (not in a woke sense)

Computers will transcribe the conversations and keywords that management want "us" to use with customers will be flagged and statistics generated to make sure "we" are using the right language with customers. (I talk to maybe 10 customers a year when they have weird email issues on their end that I need to explain to them how to fix)

Difficulty level? No guarantee ALL incoming calls wont be transcribed. I've already told my wife to prepare to ignore the call blasting* and call my cell instead of my desk when this kicks in.

EDIT: And no more venting to your boss about that loser manager. There is now a very real chance that (now transcribed) conversation could get back to them.

*call my desk and my cell rings too so I can pick it up where appropriate.

Last edited:

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I've been making monthly payments to IU Health but just got a letter they're going to send me to collections, apparently 50 dollars a month isn't enough. I wasn't aware of a minimum payment requirement. I sincerely hope they do record the upcoming phone call for training purposes. I have the upmost respect for doctors and most nurses and techs, but the medical world as a whole is a burning trash heap once you are out of the hospital.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My wife works for IU. Our insurance is through IU. She pays the premium out of her paycheck. We still have billing issues with IU. Like just a few months ago our younges son was born, it was with IU doctors, at the IU hospital. We were supposed to get set up with a payment plan for what insurance didn't cover. Instead we got nothing in the mail for about 2 months then get a letter saying the full amount has been turned into collections... A few phone calls and some language I didn't know my wife knew and it was straightened out. But even then we were supposed to pay $200 a month. We only received one bill for the $200 and now nothing again for months now. Not going to worry about it this time. If they want their money they can chase it. I'm not running after them to pay them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My wife works for IU. Our insurance is through IU. She pays the premium out of her paycheck. We still have billing issues with IU. Like just a few months ago our younges son was born, it was with IU doctors, at the IU hospital. We were supposed to get set up with a payment plan for what insurance didn't cover. Instead we got nothing in the mail for about 2 months then get a letter saying the full amount has been turned into collections... A few phone calls and some language I didn't know my wife knew and it was straightened out. But even then we were supposed to pay $200 a month. We only received one bill for the $200 and now nothing again for months now. Not going to worry about it this time. If they want their money they can chase it. I'm not running after them to pay them.
    Just be careful. The Man doesnt like it when his employees owe him money and wont pay him back.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just be careful. The Man doesnt like it when his employees owe him money and wont pay him back.
    She's spoken with billing, and payroll and insurance. They can't find anything on record. So far they've said the account is in good standing. The only thing we can figure is they either messed up the billing and canceled the whole thing by accident, or we reached our out of pocket maximum and insurance paid the rest. But no one has said that.

Top Bottom