• SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    This is what I pulled off the site:

"The fight has officially been brought to my front door

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.

I'm instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn't go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did. "

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's funny. I have all kinds of assurances that no one would ever "come to take ur guuuunnnnsss!!! derp derp derp!" Oh, and that all officials would refuse to execute such an unlawful order. Guess we can see what that assurance is worth.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Sounds like his wife let them in, that is the biggest problem I see with this story. Never would have been a problem if the LEO was standing on the lawn twiddling their thumbs...

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I went though this last year, except without the gun issue. Children Protective Services showed because my girlfriends x husband called them and claimed whe did <you fill in the blank>. I told the lady after I figured out what was going on that she had 10 seconds to leave my property before I called the Sheriffs office and had her removed and issued a no trespass order. She didnt head my warning so I did exactly what I said I would do and went into the house and grabbed my cel and called the Sheriff right in front of the CPS lady and told them there was a woman in my driveway that refused to leave my property after I asked her to. She left a few minutes later and 20mins later her and a deputy showed up. The deputy thought he was going to bully us into letting him and the CPS lady into our house. I told him 42 USC 1983 says he has to have a search warrant to enter my house and of course he claimed he didnt need one. I said if you enter my house without a search warrant that I will see him and the CPS lady in FEDERAL court and will then sue them in individually as well as their employers for violating my civil rights. I told him he had better call his watch commander before he gets himself into some serious legal issues. He did and after 5 mins on phone he came back to tell the CPS lady that they could not go into our house WITHOUT A SEARCH WARRANT. I then asked the deputy to tell that CPS lady that she had better not show up in my driveway again and consider this a no trespass warning for her. I also explained to the Deputy (he already knew it anyway) that CPS DO NOT have any authority over me or my family and have zero arresting powers. They cant even serve a warrant (the police has to do it for them). They left and I never heard from her again. I was polite but very adamant about my rights not being violated and if they were, the county, Sheriff Dept, invidual Deputy and CPS and CPS lady would have paid dearly for their violation of my family's civil rights.

People only have as much power as YOU GIVE THEM ! :rockwoot:

[this happened summer 2012 Parke Co. Indiana]

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I went though this last year, except without the gun issue. Children Protective Services showed because my girlfriends x husband called them and claimed whe did <you fill in the blank>. I told the lady after I figured out what was going on that she had 10 seconds to leave my property before I called the Sheriffs office and had her removed and issued a no trespass order. She didnt head my warning so I did exactly what I said I would do and went into the house and grabbed my cel and called the Sheriff right in front of the CPS lady and told them there was a woman in my driveway that refused to leave my property after I asked her to. She left a few minutes later and 20mins later her and a deputy showed up. The deputy thought he was going to bully us into letting him and the CPS lady into our house. I told him 42 USC 1983 says he has to have a search warrant to enter my house and of course he claimed he didnt need one. I said if you enter my house without a search warrant that I will see him and the CPS lady in FEDERAL court and will then sue them in individually as well as their employers for violating my civil rights. I told him he had better call his watch commander before he gets himself into some serious legal issues. He did and after 5 mins on phone he came back to tell the CPS lady that they could not go into our house WITHOUT A SEARCH WARRANT. I then asked the deputy to tell that CPS lady that she had better not show up in my driveway again and consider this a no trespass warning for her. I also explained to the Deputy (he already knew it anyway) that CPS DO NOT have any authority over me or my family and have zero arresting powers. They cant even serve a warrant (the police has to do it for them). They left and I never heard from her again. I was polite but very adamant about my rights not being violated and if they were, the county, Sheriff Dept, invidual Deputy and CPS and CPS lady would have paid dearly for their violation of my family's civil rights.

People only have as much power as YOU GIVE THEM ! :rockwoot:

[this happened summer 2012 Parke Co. Indiana]

Threadjack: good for you. You'd be amazed at the number of people who not only don't know they don't have to let CPS enter, but some who actually think that doing so will make it all go away even faster.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    That's funny. I have all kinds of assurances that no one would ever "come to take ur guuuunnnnsss!!! derp derp derp!" Oh, and that all officials would refuse to execute such an unlawful order. Guess we can see what that assurance is worth.

Yet, no one TOOK his guns, did they?

No one ever said a person shouldn't stand up when necessary, which this man DID. Looks like (from the pic he posted) most of the LEO's were just standing around. Nothing wrong with backup LEO's showing up IN CASE there actually WAS a cause for concern. LEO's are entitled to look out for their own safety, and need to investigate when called upon to do so.

The 'error' was his wife letting them in the house in the first place.

Actually, looks like a great picture of his son holding a .22, that (based on the smile on the son's face), Mr. Young Man likes to shoot. Good for him!

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Any time government agents of any type use these kind of tactics they wipe out hundreds of positive encounters between their fellow agents and the public and eliminate voluntary cooperation. It should be that individuals in government service that LIE to citizens for expedience be held personally responsible and this carp would stop. More people need to know to stand their ground and then do it.

Top Bottom