• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It seems everyday that I read of some child abuse or neglect case and it just makes me sick. It always seems to be some young 18-25 year old male that is abusing kids.

I am not talking about taking a belt to a childs rear when it is required to discipline them. My dad wore out many a leather belts on my A$$ as a child, and for that I thank him, it has made me a better father to my children.

But what I am talking about is the beatings, neglect, sexual abuse that is happening in our society every single day. Whenever I read an article or see a news report of this, I just want 5 minutes alone with the "BOY" who commited it.

Children are a gift, they are the ultimate responsibity of a parent, they must be raised in a loving and caring home, and when they need disciplined it must be done out of love.
    I will never forget my parents telling me "Boy this will hurt me more than it will hurt you" before I got the belt or switch. As a child I thought they where crazier than hell, I am the one getting the business end of this deal, but as a parent now, I fully understand what that means.

I love my children, I have been blessed with 4, ages 19, 17, 13, & 9. Two girls and two boys. I love being a father.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Agreed, I was punished as a child, never beaten..

Those who commit these crimes are delt with manhy times by other criminals they get incarserated with..

Others have accidents all the time.. Just saying..

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The ones I notice the most are the boyfriends living with the single mothers.

And that is so wrong. Maybe I'm weird, but if I'm going out with a woman, I expect her children to come before me.

If she won't take care of her children, why would I want her?
    If she won't take care of her children, why would I want her to have my children?

Children need adults to look out for them.
    It SHOULD be their parents.
    Or whatever parent is there.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It seems everyday that I read of some child abuse or neglect case and it just makes me sick. It always seems to be some young 18-25 year old male that is abusing kids.

I am not talking about taking a belt to a childs rear when it is required to discipline them. My dad wore out many a leather belts on my A$$ as a child, and for that I thank him, it has made me a better father to my children.

But what I am talking about is the beatings, neglect, sexual abuse that is happening in our society every single day. Whenever I read an article or see a news report of this, I just want 5 minutes alone with the "BOY" who commited it.

Children are a gift, they are the ultimate responsibity of a parent, they must be raised in a loving and caring home, and when they need disciplined it must be done out of love.
    I will never forget my parents telling me "Boy this will hurt me more than it will hurt you" before I got the belt or switch. As a child I thought they where crazier than hell, I am the one getting the business end of this deal, but as a parent now, I fully understand what that means.

I love my children, I have been blessed with 4, ages 19, 17, 13, & 9. Two girls and two boys. I love being a father.

I investigated Child Abuse for 3 years right out of college. It's not just men. Believe me. And perps come in all walks of life....from judges to factory workers, to the unemployed.

Worst one was the kindly neighborhood Santa Claus......a 58 year old man that dressed up each holiday and built a Santa's Workshop for the kids to visit. Turns out he had been molesting kids for more than a decade that way. He had been a pillar of the community. My point is, it is everywhere.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Agreed, I was punished as a child, never beaten..

Those who commit these crimes are delt with manhy times by other criminals they get incarserated with..

Others have accidents all the time.. Just saying..

Wrong, the other incarcerated WOULD deal with them better than the system ever could, but the system realizes this and puts them into solitary or into a block of their own.

These more than others, what a waste of O2....:xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Think about where society is going. The underlying drug culture that has surrounded us and threatens to ruin this world if it is not put into check. The "Baby Momma" culture these young people adhere to. The kids exist as income for so many young females who are not ready to be mothers and are still running amok at night leaving the kids with god knows who. Yes, I am on a rant as this digs so deeply into my soul and pains me every time I see or hear of a child being miss-treated by some drugged up nutbag.
    When my wife and I lived in an apartment oh so many years ago we had issues with 2 of the cave dwellers in our building. Bad parents, bad people. I spent a night in jail for my actions defending one of those kids from a way too drunk dad. Charges were dropped but the abuse continued. He avoided me to the point of staying in his car if I was outside. We moved before the lease was up. You can not fix these people.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I think the biggest difference between OK and not OK is spanking your kids or beating them in anger.
    If you're hitting your kids while angry, even if they deserve it you're doing it wrong. too much chance of it getting out of control. Better to wait until you've cooled down and make a very matter fact cool headed action.
    That's my two cents. I would even argue that's not doing it out of anger is a biblical mandate, but I don't want to hijack the thread.

Top Bottom