• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Perhaps a QB that can throw a sideline pass that doesn't go out of bounds before the receiver has a chance to catch it would help.
    This! For supposedly having unbelievable depth and talent at the QB position, you'd think that would be the least of our worries. Etling looked terrible. Appleby wasn't overly impressive, but for coming in like be did, he gets a pass for this week. Hope to see him start next week, and hopefully have better luck.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Lets face 4 different starting QB's in 4 years is not going to help a team gel. Etling seems to have issues with overthrows. As a mater of fact, he seem to overthrow virtually everything. I actually had to tune to a different game after I yelled at the TV one too many times.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The thing that is most discouraging is that about the only thing that the current coach and the previous coach have in common is that they were both very successful until they went to Purdue.

On the positive side, the schedule will get easier once they start playing Big Ten teams instead of MAC teams. :n00b:

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    'Cause they suck? :scratch:

They won last week, but that was more because Western Michigan played worse, not because Purdue played so well.

Just the same, Boiler UP! :yesway:

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    When athletes don't stay from year to year, it is usually a coaching problem. It's hard to build a program if you can't keep the players you have recruited. I am not sure what the issue is, but it seems as though someone or something is causing players to seek other schools.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    The thing that is most discouraging is that about the only thing that the current coach and the previous coach have in common is that they were both very successful until they went to Purdue.

Coach Dope was never great. He was just the HC of a mediocre 1-AA program. Thank Morgan Burke for not having the stones to hire a coach on his own, not being pressured to hire the guy desired by the mediocre "legend" for Purdue football.

The telling signs of this program were 2003-2005. The 2003 team had more NFL talent amongst the junior/senior ranks than every other school except Miami I believe. Look at the trend and it showed Tiller mailed it in long before he was no longer making chappy bowl games the average fan was so proud.of. After the debacle against ND in 2007, I mailed it in as well. Instead of being a JPC member and basketball/football season ticket holder and attending golf outings and awards dinners, I quit altogether. I was never going to allow the Purdue athletic program give me one more ounce of angst and now I can sit back and laugh about how inept the whole athletic department has become.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I was always told that a winning Purdue football season looked something line this:
    Purdue wins against ND
    Purdue wins against Indiana
    Everything else is just icing on the cake.
    I seriously doubt they will have a winning season this year.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Weak defensively, weak offensively, no passing game, weak coaching decisions, HC who is in over his head=a one win season. Higher up, Burke was a terrible choice and needs to move on.

Top Bottom