• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    After you flash them with the bright light, should you supplement it with a solid kick to the groin? Asking for a friend.
    At least dont be where you were once you turn off your light. Get off the X and let them wonder where you are.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    i had a close encounter with a drugged person a few days back in a moderately lit parking lot. Came within 6 feet.
    He Was thinking of his next step with me really hard and it showed in his face, He walked up to my car before I was able to get in it. I did see him coming towards me so I was aware of the threat.

Stood my ground but prepared for the worst. Used logic with him and got him to move on. I think the command voice helpEd defuse the issue.

G43 with night sites was my gun that night.
    Congratulations on successfully both preparing for, and avoiding, a bad situation, as well as reflecting on it after. Sincerely.

This may seem wrong to many, but these encounters (once in a while, and when they don't cross over to contact) can be very good for you - even save your life the next time. They can remind us that real danger is out there, and sometimes closer than we think. They can remind us why some training is important, and it's no joke.

After it's over, we can privately reflect how we were. Was I really aware when I should have been, or late to catch on? Did I do what I could to 'set things up' to survive? Maybe most important - Was I really ready to take the next step if needed? How honest we are with ourselves determines how beneficial the encounter was. An honest after-action-debrief this time might determine your survival the next time.

Last edited:

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Sometimes its the little things. My most recent incident I had a guy follow me toward the small hotel parking lot, which is fenced in and a "blind box" due to shrubs and privacy fences. In my case Simply making it obvious that I knew he was following me and I wasnt going to be caught by surprise was enough for him to decide I wasnt an easy enough target and break off. He headed the opposite direction I was walking after he changed his mind, so he wasnt simply trying to cut through the lot and realized he couldnt.
    Funny how that works! Most bad guys aren't looking for an opponent, they're looking for a victim! When you look like the former, they're not interested any more. :)

Top Bottom