• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have one. It's basically a No. 1 Mk 3, chambered in .308 (7.62x51). I like mine. I mean what's not to like? One of the smoothest bolt actions of any milsurp rifle, and 12 rounds of 308 in the magazine, and accurate as long as you find one with a good bore. :yesway:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have had two of the "jungle carbine" versions in the shop and neither one lasted the day....They are popular and actually have better steel than the British made Enfields...( or "stronger" I should say...Better is a relative term and I don't want doggy daddy or indy1919 to take me to task...:))

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I used to have one, and miss it. The Enfields are my favorite bolt guns from WWII. Not very pretty sporterized like a Mauser or Springfield is, but awesome left alone.

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    I've got a "jungle carbine" conversion of a 2A1 from Gibbs and absolutely love it. Recoil is a little stiff from the shortened barrel and light weight, but the bolt is fast and smooth and the sights are dead on. I assume it would be a little more pleasurable to shoot in its original configuration. They're great rifles if you can find one at the right price

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have had two of the "jungle carbine" versions in the shop and neither one lasted the day....They are popular and actually have better steel than the British made Enfields...( or "stronger" I should say...Better is a relative term and I don't want doggy daddy or indy1919 to take me to task...:))

If they just had two safeties, they'd be awesome! :rockwoot:

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I had one, kind of regret selling it. But it didn't get used much. I would love one of the jungle carbines, but can't bring myself to pay that much for one now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had one, kind of regret selling it. But it didn't get used much. I would love one of the jungle carbines, but can't bring myself to pay that much for one now.

I want one too, but I want the original No. 5 configuration (.303). I like the rear peep sight better than the standard sights on the ones that have been converted from the long rifles. And yeah, the price is kind of steep, but I'm hoping to find a good deal one of these days.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Indian military copy of the WWII standout. Better caliber (.308 vs .303) and much better metallurgy, built in the 60's as opposed to the 40's

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    You shouldn't keep beating yourself up over that mistake, DD.

That's our job!!:bash:

Bull, I was there, He talked about it many times, He could not wait for me to slide over and nicely & quietly stop him,,
    Noooooo he had to follow you around the shop asking. asking.. asking. All the while flicking it.... flick on... flick off... flick on...
    it was like watching a demented lighting bug with a high powered historical vintage rifle.... I remember thinking "oh my God he's found the magazine cut off'.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bull, I was there, He talked about it many times, He could not wait for me to slide over and nicely & quietly stop him,,
    Noooooo he had to follow you around the shop asking. asking.. asking. All the while flicking it.... flick on... flick off... flick on...
    it was like watching a demented lighting bug with a high powered historical vintage rifle.... I remember thinking "oh my God he's found the magazine cut off'.
    :lala::rofl:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

True that.....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You shouldn't keep beating yourself up over that mistake, DD.

That's our job!!:bash:

True that.....
    Man... You know, if I had feelings, they might be hurt! :(

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Man... You know, if I had feelings, they might be hurt! :(

Hey at least we did not bring up the fact it took over 2 hours to decide between the 2 1903s, and as soon as you picked up one and was ready to pay, someone would say... "really your taking that one" then you would run over and pick up the other... :)

Heck I had forgot that till Rick reminded me...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey at least we did not bring up the fact it took over 2 hours to decide between the 2 1903s, and as soon as you picked up one and was ready to pay, someone would say... "really your taking that one" then you would run over and pick up the other... :)

Heck I had forgot that till Rick reminded me...
    Hey, I'm a discerning shopper. What can I say? :): And there was no "running". A brisk walk at best!

Top Bottom