• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I needed some 410 shotgun shells that are 2.5” long. I was told to get Remington 410 express long range in 2.5”. I’m building an ar that uses a 410 shotgun upper and can take 15 round magazines. But it works best with those shells. Couldn’t find them anywhere. Finally found a case of 250 on gunbroker. I paid about $450 with shipping and tax for 250
    rounds. When they are in stock I saw 25 rounds for 15 bucks. But no one had them in stock.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Saw an old guy at the License Counter in Walmart this morning. That's about all they have is Indiana Hunting and Fishing Licenses to sell, and Chinese camping equipment.
    "Where's your G.. Da.. 9mm ammo ?!?!?!?" was his response to the clerk. Walmart quit selling pistol ammo the fall of 2019. People are just scared, or too many new gun owners, and this China virus.
    I have a feeling the good old days are long gone.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I can still walk into my LGS any day and buy a 50-round box of 9mm FMJ for $35. Do I like it? Nope. But I buy a couple boxes every payday. That eases the pain if prices fall while slowly building stock. I’m buying what I reasonably should. No point in bitching prices go up.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I feel I am being a REALIST and not a pessimist in saying for the next 4 YEARS at the VERY LEAST and quite possibly the next 8 YEARS what EVER ammo you don't have and you don't reload for or if you do reload but don't have the powder/components to reload for it you're either going to pay 3-15x above what it cost 14 months ago to get ammo or reloading powder/components or go without.

Never in my most foreboding nightmare's did I EVER think it would be cheaper for me to reload and shoot 9mm than buy 22lr as 22lr is costing more per 1k of 9mm I was paying back in 2018 to early summer 2019. Last batch of quality 22lr I bought in early 2019 was $13.95 for 525 rounds of Winchester White box plated with free shipping on orders over $100. That averages out to about 2.7c a round now 22lr is going for around 20c a round or $10/50 I paid less than $8 a box per 50 for 115 9mm OTC at Cabelas during the summer of 2019.

I did a very large amount of stock piling of everything I reload and the only two ammo types I can't reload from 2012 to 2019 and are thanking GOD every single day I did so.
    My policy of NEVER leaving a store empty handed that had reloading components or 22lr in stock is making a huge difference now. Same for every time I found ammo, components, powder on line at a great price.

I truly feel sorry for those who failed to learn from the nObama years of ammo, especially 22lr ammo and reloading component shortages. I know I sure as heck did.

I bought 200 rounds OTC of Herters 115 9mm at Cabela's five-six weeks ago paid $14 a box or 28c a round along with 400 rounds of WW 223/55grn for $150 or 37.5c a round. I would have gladly bought 1k rounds of the 223 at that cost if it were available as 223 is the only round I do not enjoy reloading one bit. I have no plans what so ever to resell any of my ammo or reloading components.
    Was the last OTC ammo purchase I made

Last edited:
    Top Bottom