• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Yep. They've been doing deals like this. They'll send you an email with a link to the product and a discount code to knock the price down from a grand to something close to a normal price.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I ordered 200rds of 9 from federal like 2 weeks ago for 35cpr :dunno:. Theres still normalish prices out there, just have to find them.It would be nice to find some .357 magnum for under $1/round.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Blythes had Winchester. 556 for 19.99 bx limit 10 a couple days ago.

xxxleafybugxxx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Indiana
    Local gun-shop down here in Evansville, Red Ghost, posted this on their Facebook page this afternoon:

Question...
    Who’s willing to spend $1.00 / round for 9mm? We can get it, but it’s going to be right at, or right above $50 / box for 9mm FMJ.
    Thoughts?

Responses were 50/50 Yes and No.

My thought was...Ugh.

(I've got a few thousand rounds of 9mm and I'm not shooting it.)
    I've got several thousand rounds. I'm keeping some, but need to sell some for spending $

yotehunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Not Iraq
    Not an auction, but legit reloading web site. They too, think they are selling on the street.

Attachments

• liberal trash gun store.JPG
      liberal trash gun store.JPG
      78.5 KB · Views: 54

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    I suspect with beijing biden and legs in the air harris taking the helm this situation is not going to improve.
    Glad I reload....
    Is it just me or am I right to suspect that the government buys up all the ammo before they come out of the factory to enforce gun control without passing any laws? I could see them utilizing military contracts to let them buy ammo up at high prices, causing the factories to allocate less resources to the consumer market who doesn't endless amounts of money.

djeinpoco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2021
    Michiana Shores
    My local Michigan City shop finally had a modest amount of ammo on their shelves. This is a decades old family shop that has served the community well. They're an honest shop. I reload almost everything I shoot so the prices are a little cringe worthy. Fiocchi .380 90 GR HTXP JHP $26.95 for a box of 25, and Sig .380 100 GR FMJ for $39.95 a box of 40.

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Is it just me or am I right to suspect that the government buys up all the ammo before they come out of the factory to enforce gun control without passing any laws? I could see them utilizing military contracts to let them buy ammo up at high prices, causing the factories to allocate less resources to the consumer market who doesn't endless amounts of money.
    That is a popular rumor, but it's not the case. There have been several videos from several ammo manufactures confirming that nationwide civilian demand is simply outpacing all available production in the US. What I have not been able to find confirmation of is.....if the ATF has allowed additional imports from overseas ammo manufactures. The US manufactures are all working 24/7 to make ammo....cause selling ammo is making money....and although making money is not popular anymore, as of this post it is still legal.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Just for the fun of it.....

0a4ruuN.jpg

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    That is a popular rumor, but it's not the case. There have been several videos from several ammo manufactures confirming that nationwide civilian demand is simply outpacing all available production in the US. What I have not been able to find confirmation of is.....if the ATF has allowed additional imports from overseas ammo manufactures. The US manufactures are all working 24/7 to make ammo....cause selling ammo is making money....and although making money is not popular anymore, as of this post it is still legal.
    Apparently imports are frowned upon when it's regarding ammo and "muh Russia"

I'm almost tempted to buy another Russian gun optic out of spite.

djeinpoco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2021
    Michiana Shores
    Then it will eventually end up at the CMP as surplus!

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    My Son gifted me with a rifle that shoots 45 long colt. I have been looking for loading parts and can't fiend them. I first started looking for loaded rounds. Their was just no way I would pay that much for any round. So I now have a rifle that I can't shoot.

I had no idea things had gotten so bad.

The only shooting I have dun is testing some reloads and checking O on some hunting rifles.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    You're looking in the wrong direction in my opinion. There are several reasons for the firearm/ammunition shortage:
    1.) Covid 19, national unrest/rioting, election year, the results of the elections drove demand to insane levels.
    2.) New firearm owners entering the market. By the beginning of this year, I saw a news story that said the NSSF estimated the number in 2020 to be 8.4 million. That is a lot of shooters starting from "0" when it comes to ammunition. They are also probably one of two things driving demand at this point. They are purchasing whatever they can paying higher prices than they should because they entered the market after this craziness started and they don't realize 9mm isn't supposed to be near $1 per round.
    3.) Veteran gun owners, seeing the times we lived in, started purchasing anything in sight as a way to make sure they were set for the next 2-3 years.
    4.) Hoarders/Flippers/Buying for no good reason.

I define hoarders as guys that have thousands of rounds on hand yet want more. I don't really have a problem with them since those of us who try to prep for the future are hoarders to a degree. I think it is the "flippers" causing the most problems at the moment and extending out this shortage. I met a guy last night where I work that flat out admitted to me that he and about a dozen of his buddies are going around and purchasing whatever they can to place it on Armslist and Gunbroker. He not only admitted it to me but also was proud at how successful he had been these last few months. There are a lot of retailers now placing purchase limits on items, and while this is discouraging such behavior, they were too slow to implement it and it allowed this buying frenzy to get out of control.

Another recent case I'll throw out there is of a customer that came into where I work and purchased .22lr. I support his right to do so but by his own admission to me, he doesn't even own a firearm that shoots .22lr. He said in light of the shortage, he is going to buy it now because he COULD someday own a .22 and might as well stock up now with the ammunition right in front of him. He decided to buy the full limit he could that day and talked his girlfriend into buying some for him. We should all be free to purchase whatever we want in terms of firearms/ammunition/reloading supplies but I think that very freedom made it easier for this shortage to kick off like it did.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    You're looking in the wrong direction in my opinion. There are several reasons for the firearm/ammunition shortage:
    1.) Covid 19, national unrest/rioting, election year, the results of the elections drove demand to insane levels.
    2.) New firearm owners entering the market. By the beginning of this year, I saw a news story that said the NSSF estimated the number in 2020 to be 8.4 million. That is a lot of shooters starting from "0" when it comes to ammunition. They are also probably one of two things driving demand at this point. They are purchasing whatever they can paying higher prices than they should because they entered the market after this craziness started and they don't realize 9mm isn't supposed to be near $1 per round.
    3.) Veteran gun owners, seeing the times we lived in, started purchasing anything in sight as a way to make sure they were set for the next 2-3 years.
    4.) Hoarders/Flippers/Buying for no good reason.

I define hoarders as guys that have thousands of rounds on hand yet want more. I don't really have a problem with them since those of us who try to prep for the future are hoarders to a degree. I think it is the "flippers" causing the most problems at the moment and extending out this shortage. I met a guy last night where I work that flat out admitted to me that he and about a dozen of his buddies are going around and purchasing whatever they can to place it on Armslist and Gunbroker. He not only admitted it to me but also was proud at how successful he had been these last few months. There are a lot of retailers now placing purchase limits on items, and while this is discouraging such behavior, they were too slow to implement it and it allowed this buying frenzy to get out of control.

Another recent case I'll throw out there is of a customer that came into where I work and purchased .22lr. I support his right to do so but by his own admission to me, he doesn't even own a firearm that shoots .22lr. He said in light of the shortage, he is going to buy it now because he COULD someday own a .22 and might as well stock up now with the ammunition right in front of him. He decided to buy the full limit he could that day and talked his girlfriend into buying some for him. We should all be free to purchase whatever we want in terms of firearms/ammunition/reloading supplies but I think that very freedom made it easier for this shortage to kick off like it did.
    Oh yeah, Flippers are a huge problem. So much so that it creates the incentive to buy stuff not because you actually need it, but because it's pretty much the only way to enter the market for things you actually want.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My Son gifted me with a rifle that shoots 45 long colt. I have been looking for loading parts and can't fiend them. I first started looking for loaded rounds. Their was just no way I would pay that much for any round. So I now have a rifle that I can't shoot.

I had no idea things had gotten so bad.

The only shooting I have dun is testing some reloads and checking O on some hunting rifles.
    45 Colt is one of those cartridges that you have to reload to shoot with any degree of economy. Casting your own bullets is very helpful as well.

Top Bottom