• ...and so much more!
  • hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    friend of mine gave me an e-mail today that said
    senate bill sb-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 tax form all guns that you have or own.it may require fingerprints and a tax of 50.00 per gun.says you can find the proposed amendment@ www.senate.gov...search bill number sb-2009.if this is true how can they do this,it is like you have to register your guns right. i dont have any guns ....any body have info on this or is it crap.....

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    might be true that its in the Senate, but i will die there, if it is. won't go any further.

for right now.

a **** load of illegal, and down right retarded things go INTO the House and Senate.... **** we don't even hear about.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Found it, that was introduced in 2000, not the current Congress. Many things like this are introduced, like the AWB, every Congress but may go nowhere.

106th CONGRESS 2d Session S. 2099
    To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require the registration of handguns, and for other purposes.
    IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
    February 24, 2000

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I received an email from the NRA a few days ago which stated this was not a current bill, and to disregard the rumor. If anyone should know, it should be the NRA.:)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    People need to read into things instead of just posting them. Things like the Indiana accountability ammo bill and stuff really get me pissed because people (and some stores use this to sell ammo) think its around the corner but it was shot down 2 years ago. I understand alot of folks are now beginning to be internet savvy, but bringing up the same damn old sideways Glock sights for homies or bills shot down/introduced LONG ago is getting rather bad for us, as folks will STILL think that its new and fresh. Posting this sort of stuff over and over again serves only to misinform those who are in the dark. Lets post NEW bills that are being introduced.

Honestly, if something like this was real, would there not be more info about it on the other forums and internetz by now???

Get with the damn program!!! :D Rant off.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I actually look at it a little differently. They say history is bound to repeat itself, and if they tried this once long ago, it seems inevitable they will try it again. So, in that light we need to be aware and prepared of what has been tried in the past, what worked, what didn't work, and figure out what is our best strategy for defeating this should it arise again in the future.

Now, that being said, the current situation and any new or relevant bills are obviously top priority, and some research should be done to find out if this is old/new and post accordingly...but I don't think it hurts to be informed of what people have tried to pull over in the past.

:twocents:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Those that don't learn from history are bound to repeat the same mistakes. That can be taken two ways. The first is we know they have tried it before and need to be vigilant about it. The second is they have tried it before and will try it again.

Greg

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    sorry

sorry guys sorry to **** you off,i didnt think it was a big deal sorry a lot of us don't sit in front of the computer all day.all i did was ask a question,sorry you got upset.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    friend of mine gave me an e-mail today that said
    senate bill sb-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 tax form all guns that you have or own.it may require fingerprints and a tax of 50.00 per gun.says you can find the proposed amendment@ www.senate.gov...search bill number sb-2009.if this is true how can they do this,it is like you have to register your guns right. i dont have any guns ....any body have info on this or is it crap.....

Somebody, anybody stab this in its heart with a wooden stake...

Ahhh.... I am so getting tired of zombie bills...

Top Bottom