Is there a term in Psychiatry for people who prefer to live their lives in fear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    There's a difference between preparedness and fear. I own a fire extinguisher in case I have to deal with a small fire in my house. I have a spare tire in my cars in case I have a flat. I have tools and supplies to deal with emergency household repairs, like plumbing or electrical. I carry a gun because I might encounter a dangerous person or animal.

Like I told my wife's friend a long time ago, when she asked me why I carried a gun and what was I afraid of, "I carry an Sig P226 and 2 spare magazines. I'm not afraid of anyone." :D
    Right I agree with the difference between being prepared vs fear. But I don’t think I have the right to tell anyone how to prepare. I have an emergency bag in my car. I have run flat tires (no spot for donut or a full spare). I have an axe in my closet in case of a large fire or tree that blocks my main path out of the house. From my bedroom I can break through drywall to reach my wheelchair bound grandmother and break her outside window to get her to safety. When you tell someone you keep an axe in your bedroom they think you’re nuts. I am not familiar with what every mask can do but I believe that the 3m n95 mask can help. Luckily when Covid first hit I had them on hand. I used them for my grandmother to go to the hospital and get a stint put in her leg. Every nurse talked about how we had better masks than them. Now I understand those have the respirators and they don’t help stop any spread but they do filter intake. Which is fine by me. As long as I’m doing my best to keep our lives safe, that’s my main concern. When everything kicked off and we had no idea what was going on I wore gloves, I wore a mask, I used a lot of hand sanitizer. I prepared myself for the unknown to the best of my knowledge. Today I don’t wear masks. But if I had to do it again I wouldn’t change any of the precautions I took.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Wearing a mask doesn’t decrease oxygen levels. I’m against masking but am honest enough to admit when something they could be used to back my position is bs.
    I wish I could find the article I read. Obviously, it wasn't about masks filtering out O2 and letting more CO2 in. It was about how prolonged use of masks restricts airflow, and cause shorter or shallower breaths which reduces O2 and C02 exchange, causing chronic fatigue. This was happening in people who were wearing masks like 8 hours or more a day, 5 days or more a week. It was even worse for people who had heart or lung conditions and wore them for less time.

Top Bottom