Is Therapy Causing a Depression Epidemic?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    why are you speaking for all men? The men i hang around aren't alphabet people with pronouns. I hate that crap as much as you. Maybe you hang around with the wrong men?
    No where do I say all men. I don't hang around with a lot of men, but the ones I do, definitely don't fit in any of the above mentioned categories.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Don't bother. Anyone that doesn't just sack up is apparently not a man. I read it on ingo so it must be true. I guess I'm not a man. I'll have to tell the wife. Does that mean I have to sell my guns, race cars, tools and side business, grow a man bun and vote dem now? I really don't know these rules.
    you forgot pronouns. you have to have pronouns now, i think.

Lpherr

Occupied
    So that's who I am? I didn't know I had pronouns, hadn't worked my ass off to have no bills, an early retirement and a retirement house in florida. Didn't know I couldn't handle any pressure or lacked character either. Thanks. I guess I needed to be told who I was by some unknown keyboard warrior that has never met me.
    Why does everything have to be about you ?
    You cause a lot of your own issues, thinking every comment is about you.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Why does everything have to be about you ?
    You cause a lot of your own issues, thinking every comment is about you.
    Posts 24 and 26 were directed straight at me, quotes and all. Pretty sure that at least part of the ******** you're shoveling is aimed at me, if only those two comments.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Posts 24 and 26 were directed straight at me, quotes and all. Pretty sure that at least part of the ******** you're shoveling is aimed at me, if only those two comments.
    Just because you're quoted, doesn't mean it's directed at you. You made the statement, and the quote is so my comment is in context to who said what.
    Get over yourself and maybe up your meds.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Just because you're quoted, doesn't mean it's directed at you. You made the statement, and the quote is so my comment is in context to who said what.
    No need to act like a ****. You're the one laying out the rules on what it takes to be a man and we are supposed to interpret it in the way you want.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    No, it's being descriptive.
    Men don't want to be men anymore. They think it's easier to be gay, bi, trans, or whatever other terms they come up with. They can't handle pressure, and lack character. They have pronouns and want everything for nothing. That is weak in the very definition.
    Sorry, not sorry.
    Nor any smarter nor more caring a human. And your name calling only makes you look weak, angry, and unintelligent. But I'm still not gonna call you an ******* *****. That would be rude.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is a general discussion thread for people to discuss and offer their opinions. So please stop posting to @bobzilla and @bobzilla please share your opinions but just leave the personal out of it. This is a big problem in this country and folks need to be able to discuss it. It is shocking to me the significant difference in GB vs the US. There has to be reasons for this and if we get in the weeds on a narrow tangent we are not covering the topic very well.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just when I start to think that I might be a little harsh with some of my posts on INGO, I read something that lets me know that I’m at least 2 laps behind the champions in the ******* 500.

Probably the same he-men that would call Tim on his personal cell phone whining about mean words on the internet back when he was around. I know because he told me.

Wonder if our veterans who returned from war should just be told to man up when they are dealing with psychological issues. I mean, no such thing as PTSD, shell shock or veteran suicides back when grandpappy was a man and the sheep were afraid,right?

Up his meds? How about you go **** yourself. Somebody who thumps their chest this hard about being a man probably needs to hear himself say it to calm his insecurities.

It’s always the loudest he-men that wind up in the news for their adventures in the rest area bathroom.

Would love to see your internet search history.

:):

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This is a general discussion thread for people to discuss and offer their opinions. So please stop posting to @bobzilla and @bobzilla please share your opinions but just leave the personal out of it. This is a big problem in this country and folks need to be able to discuss it. It is shocking to me the significant difference in GB vs the US. There has to be reasons for this and if we get in the weeds on a narrow tangent we are not covering the topic very well.
    Honestly, it's exactly what I expected. Being someone that has dealt with this for a while now, dealing with peoples "opinions" etc this is pretty much where we are at as a country. There's still enough stigma against discussion that those that need the help likely won't get it. The ones that don't need it will still get it anyway. There's always attention whores, there's always ***holes. Sadly, the vocal angry "men just need to be men" attitude has definitely hampered the mental health of our society. What we are seeing in this thread is just a smaller version of what we face in the real world as a whole.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Just when I start to think that I might be a little harsh with some of my posts on INGO, I read something that lets me know that I’m at least 2 laps behind the champions in the ******* 500.

Probably the same he-men that would call Tim on his personal cell phone whining about mean words on the internet back when he was around. I know because he told me.

Wonder if our veterans who returned from war should just be told to man up when they are dealing with psychological issues. I mean, no such thing as PTSD, shell shock or veteran suicides back when grandpappy was a man and the sheep were afraid,right?

Up his meds? How about you go **** yourself. Somebody who thumps their chest this hard about being a man probably needs to hear himself say it to calm his insecurities.

It’s always the loudest he-men that wind up in the news for their adventures in the rest area bathroom.

Would love to see your internet search history.

:):
    Some days, I want to hug you. The others, strangle you. Today I'm not sure which way we are headed. :laugh:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    sometimes it is easier to talk to a stranger, especially one that can get in trouble if they repeat it.
    And a lot of times they are there to help you figure out how to deal with those emotions and details without needing to "talk it all through". Sometimes just stopping me, asking me if this is something that I have any effect on or can change in any way and if not how to move past it.

But yes, it is definitely easier to talk with someone that doesn't have any pre-conceived notions of who you are and is willing and able to help you than it is to try to talk to someone that thinks you're just "not manning up enough" or need to "stuff it down deeper". Those things may work for some, but not for others. Trying to "stuff it inside" can lead to an explosion.... and that's not good for anyone.

Top Bottom