Is staccato worth the wait / price? You damn right!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    Really have wanted to get into the 2011 world with my eternal love of the timeless 1911. I really liked the staccato brand and the reviews really made it feel like it was cheating and an unfair advantage… I finally pulled the trigger and picked up an XC and I can report that they are absolutely worth the money. It is like no other pistol I have ever shot. How flat the XC shoots is shocking. The trigger (2.5 lb) is crisp and responsive, the balance is wonderful and it just runs like a sowing machine!

If you are on the fence I urge you to try and find one to shoot and you will fall in love!

Attachments

• IMG_6810.jpeg
      IMG_6810.jpeg
      1 MB · Views: 56
    • IMG_6811.jpeg
      IMG_6811.jpeg
      1,015.8 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_6809.jpeg
      IMG_6809.jpeg
      1 MB · Views: 46
    • IMG_6812.jpeg
      IMG_6812.jpeg
      344.5 KB · Views: 52

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    Congrats! They are wonderful guns.

Last year I bought one if the little brothers - the CS. That was a terrific gun. Best shooting gun I had - yes "had". I sold it last month to a fellow INGOer and have been kicking myself.

I am saving up to buy another one - either a CS or the new C. The main difference is the C has a 4" barrel vs the CS' 3.5". I always thought that the 3.5" barrel was an odd choice given that the grip is harder to conceal. And I had a hard time concealing that grip.
    But, despite the 3.5" barrel, I didn't have a single problem in almost 1000 rounds.

I am sure the XC shoots even sweeter than the CS. Definitely try one if you get the chance.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I kept thinking there was NO way they'd be worth it to me. I'm not a 1911 fan and never really cared for 45 in general. These being in 9mm at least piqued my interest, though.

But I kept hearing about them and seeing them and finally decided I'd see if I could get one on a favorable trade + cash. I got a C2 because that made the most sense for me - I only buy pistols that I could carry and the CS was too expensive.

I'm a believer now. I wasn't happy with how thick the grip was though only because I can't stand not being able to manipulate a pistol one handed and there was 0 chance I'd be able to drop the mag one handed without doing some really really weird hand stuff that would probably not be feasible if I were handicapped and only had one hand.

So I was going to just sell it off because I couldn't find any metal grips that were made smaller than the normal size. But then I found what appears to be the singular company offering at least a polymer reduced size grip called Extreme Shooters out of Arizona.

Pricey - but it made the gun 100% usable now for me and much more comfortable. Even without the extended mag release button I could drop the mag.

They really do live up to the hype though. Especially the triggers. The only thing I've had that's anywhere near as close to the zero grit super short reset is a HK LEM trigger with a grayguns short reset / flat face kit. Which is the best trigger out there imo if you don't have a 1911/2011.

Staccato is the way. I just wish I could afford to carry mine. Congrats on your pick up!

20240217_132603.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I kept thinking there was NO way they'd be worth it to me. I'm not a 1911 fan and never really cared for 45 in general. These being in 9mm at least piqued my interest, though.

But I kept hearing about them and seeing them and finally decided I'd see if I could get one on a favorable trade + cash. I got a C2 because that made the most sense for me - I only buy pistols that I could carry and the CS was too expensive.

I'm a believer now. I wasn't happy with how thick the grip was though only because I can't stand not being able to manipulate a pistol one handed and there was 0 chance I'd be able to drop the mag one handed without doing some really really weird hand stuff that would probably not be feasible if I were handicapped and only had one hand.

So I was going to just sell it off because I couldn't find any metal grips that were made smaller than the normal size. But then I found what appears to be the singular company offering at least a polymer reduced size grip called Extreme Shooters out of Arizona.

Pricey - but it made the gun 100% usable now for me and much more comfortable. Even without the extended mag release button I could drop the mag.

They really do live up to the hype though. Especially the triggers. The only thing I've had that's anywhere near as close to the zero grit super short reset is a HK LEM trigger with a grayguns short reset / flat face kit. Which is the best trigger out there imo if you don't have a 1911/2011.

Staccato is the way. I just wish I could afford to carry mine. Congrats on your pick up!

View attachment 336040

Sell that and get the new C, it has the smallest grip ever on a 2011. The new CS and C have new magazines that are 9mm only and have a smaller circumference. I am guessing your Staccato came with a grip like mine which would make what Shooters did to your gun very similar in size to the new staccato tac texture or whatever they are calling it.

When I get my CS I unloading my P for a steel framed C so I can have magazine compatibility. I believe this new magazine is where staccato will move to as a general pattern because the grips really are that nice.

BnDZmJn.jpg

Staccato gang out

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Sell that and get the new C, it has the smallest grip ever on a 2011. The new CS and C have new magazines that are 9mm only and have a smaller circumference. I am guessing your Staccato came with a grip like mine which would make what Shooters did to your gun very similar in size to the new staccato tac texture or whatever they are calling it.

When I get my CS I unloading my P for a steel framed C so I can have magazine compatibility. I believe this new magazine is where staccato will move to as a general pattern because the grips really are that nice.

BnDZmJn.jpg

Staccato gang out
    Looks great, I like the external extractor - but I already hate magazines that are only good for one type of pistol so if these are proprietary to the new C/cs then that's a deal breaker.

Plus I'm already happy with this, and after spending $500 on a new plastic grip I'm burned out on the high end (for me) stuff. I can't even technically afford this, I doubt I'd spend even more. Rather send this one's slide out to be milled and the barrel DLC'd.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Looks great, I like the external extractor - but I already hate magazines that are only good for one type of pistol so if these are proprietary to the new C/cs then that's a deal breaker.

Plus I'm already happy with this, and after spending $500 on a new plastic grip I'm burned out on the high end (for me) stuff. I can't even technically afford this, I doubt I'd spend even more. Rather send this one's slide out to be milled and the barrel DLC'd.

Getting a red dot on that would be my first priority , it really drives home the "it's like cheating" advantage of a staccato especially at ranges past 20 yards IMHO.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Getting a red dot on that would be my first priority , it really drives home the "it's like cheating" advantage of a staccato especially at ranges past 20 yards IMHO.

Yeah, well I'm going to send both off at the same time to get it all done while the guns down.

That's the other reason I didn't even consider the CS and won't consider the C - most likely. I'm assuming the new C will *only* come optics ready from the factory - and I highly prefer direct thread over plates. If they have a non-dpo slide option I'd at least consider the new C but it's unlikely.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    2011's are for weenies who can't shoot a real gun. :p

Or for awesome people who love to have an awesome time shooting!

I hate all 4 of mine, including the C2, even if it did make me look good at FNS. :):

In all seriousness, I couldn't see the point in spending the extra money on a Staccato, but a good Ingo friend hooked me up on a solid deal for the C2 and it has quickly become a favorite to shoot. My eyes are now wide open. Absolutely love the 2011 guns.

20240128_113451.jpg
    20231216_171038.jpg
    20240212_212149.jpg
    20240212_202041.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

BnDZmJn.jpg

Staccato gang out
    I'll likely be an early adopter of the new C, I wish they'd hurry up and open up ordering.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I'll likely be an early adopter of the new C, I wish they'd hurry up and open up ordering.

I am just waiting for the steel framed option at this point. I want a CS to carry and a C to shoot the hell out of again. I think the new magazines are the way to go moving forward, it's darn near the same grip circumference as my government model with slim grips and I love it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I am just waiting for the steel framed option at this point. I want a CS to carry and a C to shoot the hell out of again. I think the new magazines are the way to go moving forward, it's darn near the same grip circumference as my government model with slim grips and I love it.
    I ditched my CS relatively quickly but a longer barrel with the same grip circumference with the longer mag option is very appealing to me, steel frame would be a bonus but not necessary.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    One of the main reasons I bought this pistol was seeing how crazy things have gotten the last few years. I used to shoot all the time but have not for years since the price of ammo went through the roof. I am extremely well trained with firearms but have not got the range time or confidence like I used to. Finally ammo prices are down ($260 for 1000 rounds 9mm federal 115 gr) so going to start training! This gun will be my EDC and bedside so an investment in my security (at least that is how I justify it! )

Very much agreed that red dots are a hell of an advantage with reflex shooting and longer range accuracy. I got the new RMR HD on back order, really home it gets here soon!

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    When Staccato came out with the CS, I was puzzled that they would use a 3.5" barrel. For most AIWB carry one would need a longer holster, negating the advantage of a shorter barrel. Plus diminished shoot ability and perhaps having to use carry ammo designed for shorter barrels. Now we have the new C. It's only 1/2" longer. Why would one choose a CS over the new C?

Top Bottom