• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    My polling place is inside a elementary school so it's a no go for me. But I can leave locked in my car due to the passage of the storage law in Indiana

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Definitely not connected to a jail. Honestly, a county ordinance violation does not concern me too much. I realize a judge can set his own rules, but is that for the entire courthouse or just the courtroom? The courtrooms do have a few signs on the doors, but I've never noticed anything about guns.

Steve, which county? I still travel a lot.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I vote early at our County building. If someone throws a hissy-fit, I comeback tomorrow - so no lost vote due to blue haired liberal's anti-gun freak out.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Steve, which county? I still travel a lot.

White Co doesn't have an ordinance, and the jail isn't attached. Last I knew only had a sheriff deputy at the door when court was in session. No signs that I can remember on the doors going into the building, not sure about court room doors.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    There's no law (federal or state) that says it's illegal to carry a firearm in a polling place.

There is a law that says that political subdivisions cannot make or enforce any local ordinances restricting firearms (IC 35-47-11.1) and that if they do, you can sue them.

That's what was ultimately done concerning the 2012 incident. The county decided to pay up and retrain their poll workers.

Rumor has it, after receiving the settlement, the plaintiff purchased a new stainless Ruger 1911, which he openly carried to the offending polling place in the next election.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    My polling place is inside a elementary school so it's a no go for me. But I can leave locked in my car due to the passage of the storage law in Indiana

I thought it was only if you were transporting a student. Looking for clarification.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom