Is everyone unphased by deploying federal special forces on unarmed citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’m just curious of the sentiment here. Maybe it’s posted elsewhere, if so please direct me.

Do you guys consent to deploying a special squad to “handle” some misdemeanor level crime (if crime at all) on unarmed citizens trying to protest?

You don’t have to agree with the protesting, but do you agree with the use of these tactics?

To me, this is a bit overreaching. I mean let’s say gun control starts being debated and there’s a threat of taking away guns. Does this not set precedence for the federal government to override states and deploy special forces against gun-rights activists?

This just seems very Orwellian to me.

Curious to your thoughts.

I view them as Marxist revolutionaries and insurrectionists. I believe the military should be used on them and they should be charged with insurrection. I have no problem with the military putting down a revolt.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There is a phrase that goes "There is nothinh that I own that is worthsomeones life".

That is all well and good when you are talking about a tv oreven a car, but when you are talking about "evrything" that is a different story completely.

As a carpenter, my tools are my life they are my livelihood, I despise a thief that would steal a tool, but to destroy all of my tools and burn down my house with everything I own that is serious injury and I will fight you with my all.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    iNOgWVm.png

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    You have to understand that that looks a lot like just "stirring the pot" when you throw out something like that and then abandon ship without responding to the various opinions being expressed.

How do you figure? I just asked what others thought and if they thought this was seeing precedence for this to happen if gun rights come under fire.

It was everyone else who decided to “attack” me on here and start making assumptions that I’m ok with random violence and destruction of property when I didn’t respond immediately. Also started I have family in Portland and they aren’t experiencing chaos in the streets.

It’s just very odd. The whole way they’re going about it based on what I have heard which isn’t first hand experience. It also makes zero sense that local law enforcement would do nothing if people were threatening others with objects such as hammers which is what someone said earlier.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    How do you figure? I just asked what others thought and if they thought this was seeing precedence for this to happen if gun rights come under fire.

It was everyone else who decided to “attack” me on here and start making assumptions that I’m ok with random violence and destruction of property when I didn’t respond immediately. Also started I have family in Portland and they aren’t experiencing chaos in the streets.

It’s just very odd. The whole way they’re going about it based on what I have heard which isn’t first hand experience. It also makes zero sense that local law enforcement would do nothing if people were threatening others with objects such as hammers which is what someone said earlier.

I'm literally watching this happen live in Portland, night by night. Maybe your family is far away from the riots.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm literally watching this happen live in Portland, night by night. Maybe your family is far away from the riots.

I think we were not attacking him just a bit disturbed that this is all happening as we type and no awareness.

I just got off the phone with one of my old racing buddy's that "Was" living in Portland. He packed up and rolled.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I live in Indianapolis. I didn't experience chaos on my particular street, but I did have access to video feeds and other information that let me know that there absolutely WAS chaos on the streets in my city. I'll admit, it probably helped quite a bit that I didn't have my head up my ****ing ass.

obtuse.gif

https://www.newsweek.com/why-portland-police-stand-passively-when-leftists-riot-1489799

portland.jpg

mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville
    People vandalize and set fire to federal property, which are violent crimes. Feds arrest those people. I see no reason for concern about these law enforcement actions.

cjanas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2020
    Carmel
    These are a bunch of kids or young adults that need a dose of reality!
    They can not just do whatever feel like and think this is OK !

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    There is a phrase that goes "There is nothinh that I own that is worthsomeones life".

That is all well and good when you are talking about a tv oreven a car, but when you are talking about "evrything" that is a different story completely.

As a carpenter, my tools are my life they are my livelihood, I despise a thief that would steal a tool, but to destroy all of my tools and burn down my house with everything I own that is serious injury and I will fight you with my all.

Anything I own is worth more than the life of anyone willing to steal it.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I see you're now giving bad rep for posts you don't like. Classy. What questions am I to answer? I'm not reading every post here. I was asking for general sentiment and the general sentiment I have read is everyone is ok with it. That's the question I asked and it sounds like it was answered.

Also there's now over 12 pages here of people sharing their opinions, great, have a discussion. I asked for your thoughts and the majority sentiment is about what I expected it to be. :yesway:

I'm giving bad rep for people who engage in trollish behavior, post the same content in multiple threads, and then bail. Now you claim you want a discussion, but you don't want to engage with the discussion you started, but you expected the community response to be what it is. Now you want the community to have a discussion that you don't want to take part in, so what discussion did you actually want?

Because it was so difficult for you to read post #7
    What exactly are "federal special forces"?
    What is this "special squad" you mention?
    Are these peaceful protesters, or are these individuals using violence?

Top Bottom