• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Did this phone belong agent Maxwell Smart?

Anything with a battery and a circuit board goes "poof" at some point. There are forty-eleven million reasons this could happen.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So a perfectly normal IPhone explodes, but the iTouch I smashed against a counter continues to work for months...?

Yup...
    I don't know what the user of the phone was doing with it before she left it on the desk. But the battery blew up and caught the phone on fire while it was on her desk just there. (ie. she was not on it, it was not running music/video). She was working on the PC.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Weird stuff happens. Not too long ago we had a phone overheat very badly and very rapidly for reasons unknown. It shattered the screen but it didn't explode or catch fire or anything. There are always going to be anomalies and they (hopefully) won't be very frequent, but they will happen

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    You need to get the backstory on the phone before you go on about iPhones blowing up. The majority of cell phones having issues like these are the result of misuse and/or abuse.

My guess is it was wet at some point. It's a lot easier to blame the phone blindly than to admit to being the cause yourself.

That goes for all cell phones and not just the iPhone.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Phone could have been "cracked" also. If the IOS had been hacked, which is fairly common on IPhones, they can over clock the processor which created enormous amounts of extra heat on the whole platform.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I personally refuse to buy Apple products, but I don't think this is an iPhone problem. I'd say it's the same batteries that go into a lot of products that caused the problem.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Phone could have been "cracked" also. If the IOS had been hacked, which is fairly common on IPhones, they can over clock the processor which created enormous amounts of extra heat on the whole platform.

Where did you get that?

I've not heard of a single iPhone blowing up because it was jailbroken. I've had jailbroken iPhones for years and there is no difference in heat or anything else with regard to the CPU. I'm sure I would notice too because I use a Defender case which has zero ventilation.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You need to get the backstory on the phone before you go on about iPhones blowing up. The majority of cell phones having issues like these are the result of misuse and/or abuse.

My guess is it was wet at some point. It's a lot easier to blame the phone blindly than to admit to being the cause yourself.

That goes for all cell phones and not just the iPhone.

as jedi stated in the OP it is not jedi's phone, nor do i care how or why it blew up.
    apple like glocks jedi :puke: and hates.
    all jedi was concerned about was making sure the building did not caught on fire becuase of this. luckly the desk was clear of paperwork, else jedi can only imagine the papers caughting on fire, followed by the fabric on the cube.

I can't believe you (Jedi) are referring to yourself in 3rd person outside the NWI Thread!

Only a Thug would do that :p

hello! did jedi not say that in honor of wd, jedi would talk in 3rd person? :p

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    as jedi stated in the OP it is not jedi's phone, nor do i care how or why it blew up.

I'm aware of it not being your phone which is why I am suspect of the owner's description of events.

She left out the part about dropping it in the toilet when she was changing her tampon.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Any device with tightly spaced components and high energy batteries is a risk.

I'm not sure about now, but when I toured a circuit board printing factory about 10 years ago, they said the average cell phone used a 27 layer circuit board.
    The boards you're used to seeing, 2 layer circuit board.

So you take that tightly packed board, and then add a battery with energy unthought of 10 years ago.
    Something happens, it could be spectacular.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Friends iPhone blew up using a cheapo eBay charger.
    Glad your building is OK Jedi!

I have an iPhone 3GS it is jail broken and I only use it for music for in my car.

I love my Droid RAZR HD!!

Top Bottom