Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    February 10, 2010

Introducing the Hot New Social Network, PhoneBook

Allows User to Call Friends, Speak to Them

phonebook.jpg

SILICON VALLEY (The Borowitz Report) – A new social network is about to alter the playing field of the social media world, and it’s called PhoneBook.

According to its creators, who invented the network in their dorm room at Berkeley, PhoneBook is the game-changer that will leave Facebook, Twitter and even the much anticipated Google Buzz in a cloud of dust.

“With PhoneBook, you have a book that has a list of all your friends in the city, plus everyone else who lives there,” says Danny Fruber, one of PhoneBook’s creators.

“When you want to chat with a friend, you look them up in PhoneBook, and find their unique PhoneBook number,” Fruber explains. “Then you enter that number into your phone and it connects you directly to them.”

Another breakout utility of PhoneBook allows the user to arrange face-to-face meetings with his or her friends at restaurants, bars, and other “places,” as Fruber calls them.

“You will be sitting right across from your friend and seeing them in 3-D,” he said. “It’s like Skype, only without the headset.”

PhoneBook will enable friends to play many games as well, such as charades, cards, and a game Fruber believes will be a breakout: Farm.

“In Farm, you have an actual farm where you raise real crops and livestock,” he says. “It’s hard work, but it’s more fun than Mafia, where you actually get killed.”

TK said:
    Oh man, I really had my wife going on this one, until I totally lost it and started to laugh.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You call this far? I've been online since there was a line to be on, and all of this connectedness has a cost. So much info, we can't tell the wheat from the chaff.

I also walked uphill both ways... Now get off my lawn! :oldwise:

BTW: that was pretty funny....

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I was talking to our retired minister recently and the subject of phone numbers came up. He asked me if I knew what his first phone number was. I told he no. He said his first phone number was 9 and all calls were connected through a switchboard. Meaning his was the nineth family to have a telephone in the Georgetown area. He is 88 years old. We have come a long way.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom