• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    No it is even simpler than that follow the damn speed limit and quit thinking you are above the law

You are in a world where many people are not going to drive what in many cases is an unrealistic low speed limit. It won't change, deal with it. IMO most speed limits are designed for 85 year old ladies driving a Model A Ford. But if you persist in sticking to 55 mph, please do the rest of us the common courtesy of STAYING IN THE SLOW LANE! Thank you.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    No it is even simpler than that follow the damn speed limit and quit thinking you are above the law

I was unaware that you specifically were granted police powers to control the speed of other drivers, all without a badge, car with rollers, or uniform.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Never once did I say I agree with the current speed limits. I think that they are too low in most areas, BUT I cannot change them so I just follow what is posted. So have a great day and enjoy.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I find the outrage of a law that would provide tickets for left lane bandits of the world. It's been awhile since I took drivers ed but we were taught that the inside (fast) lane was for passing then move back over. We were also taught that impeding traffic was a ticketable offense. So Pence is going to enact a law where one (that isn't enforced) already exists? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you at all the faux outrage. I as the rest of you, exceed the speed limit regularly. I also "try" to stay clear of the "fast" lane because there is always someone in a bigger hurry than I.

We travel to Oklahoma several times/year and it's always refreshing to see that the further west we get the more people follow the rules as I was taught. It's also refreshing to see how much smoother traffic flows when everyone is following the same set of rules and not making them up as they go along. Yeah I know, rules impinge on YOUR liberties. There is an argument FOR rules even in a society where no liberties no matter how slight are stomped on. :rofl::rofl:

O.k., go back to whining, it has been an entertaining read thus far!:lol2::rofl:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Says who?
    the speed limit applies to all lanes equally!

Yes. It does. And slower traffic is in the right lane.
    If you can't follow the driver's manual and posted signs, you might as well ignore the speed limit.

There is no "fast lane"!
    Yes. There is.
    Saying there is not, will nog change that.

People not above the law need to be in the right lane if they are not passing, or going slower than others.

Did you miss post #41 where I indicated that I rarely drive in the left lane as I choose not to go that fast?:(
    Then you should have no problem with this.

I find the outrage of a law that would provide tickets for left lane bandits of the world. It's been awhile since I took drivers ed but we were taught that the inside (fast) lane was for passing then move back over. We were also taught that impeding traffic was a ticketable offense. So Pence is going to enact a law where one (that isn't enforced) already exists? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you at all the faux outrage. I as the rest of you, exceed the speed limit regularly. I also "try" to stay clear of the "fast" lane because there is always someone in a bigger hurry than I.

We travel to Oklahoma several times/year and it's always refreshing to see that the further west we get the more people follow the rules as I was taught. It's also refreshing to see how much smoother traffic flows when everyone is following the same set of rules and not making them up as they go along. Yeah I know, rules impinge on YOUR liberties. There is an argument FOR rules even in a society where no liberties no matter how slight are stomped on. :rofl::rofl:

O.k., go back to whining, it has been an entertaining read thus far!:lol2::rofl:

It hasn't really been a "law". Just an instruction that more and more people seem to ignore. Hence the new law.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You are in a world where many people are not going to drive what in many cases is an unrealistic low speed limit. It won't change, deal with it. IMO most speed limits are designed for 85 year old ladies driving a Model A Ford. But if you persist in sticking to 55 mph, please do the rest of us the common courtesy of STAYING IN THE SLOW LANE! Thank you.

The 70mph speed limit on Interstates was based on late 1950's cars using a speed that 80% of people complied with.
    If you've ever driven cars of this age at 70mph and compared them to today's cars, it's CLEAR that the Interstate speed limit IS unrealistically low.

But the government likes the revenue they can get for pulling people over for violating INTENTIONALLY low speed limits.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The 70mph speed limit on Interstates was based on late 1950's cars using a speed that 80% of people complied with.
    If you've ever driven cars of this age at 70mph and compared them to today's cars, it's CLEAR that the Interstate speed limit IS unrealistically low.

But the government likes the revenue they can get for pulling people over for violating INTENTIONALLY low speed limits.

I don't know that the limit is low, but I would like to know that it is based upon science and not some arbitrary number.

Vehicle weight, brake design, tire traction, road construction, center of gravity, safety features, etc have all changed significantly since many of these limits were first put into place.

We should concern ourselves with the average drivers ability to control their vehicles and at what speed is acceptable to risk instead of just pulling a number out of our kazoo's and never changing it.

Regards,

Doug

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Other states require left lane for passing only and 3+ lane roads are not for semi's, Texas two lane roads are 75mph speed limits, this is how to flush traffic, avoid accidents, and get stuff done...

I hate left lane drivers, if your going to drive there then get on it!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Let me paraphrase that for ya' "No it is even simpler than that, pay all your damn taxes and quit thinking you are above the law." How about that? Any laws YOU think you're above?

Top Bottom