• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    Went out this morning to get a few things done and had 2 good experiences. Stopped to get a haircut and while the young lady was working on me the conversation turned to guns after I mentioned working as a deputy years ago. The gal was 18 and during the conversation she complained about not being able to carry on the job in the salon, and she was very excited about just picking up her new 45! The young lady then asked her co-worker in the next booth about her carry gun. Yep, she has a LTCH too. My wife joined the conversation and we all had a good talk. WOW, I was pleasantly surprised!
    Then my wife and I went over to WalMart in Clarksville and as we were standing back in automotive, two fine young gentlemen, looked to be in their 20's, walked up to the counter and one was OCing a Glock. I told him "Thanks for carrying!" and his friend then pulled up the side of his shirt and he was carrying a Glock as well. We had a great gun conversation, too.
    It was so nice to talk to these younger folks an see that they are standing up and taking some responsibility and exercising the 2A rights.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Great post.

Posts like these always seem to warm my heart the right way. :rockwoot:

+1 to the guys at Wal-mart and +17,652 to the girls at the hair salon.
    Not in a million years would I have seen that conversation coming from there.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Lol I believe that was my friend Martin in wal Martin carrying the glock lol he told me about a guy talking to him about openly carrying a fire arm and also thanked him for exercising his right to carry

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I wish someone would thank me in public! I'm 18 and I carry a 1911 and I will get are s***** looks. but I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Help me out here. An 18-yr-old can open carry a 1911 in Indiana? I thought this required the LTCH which is not available until one reaches age 21. I recall there are limitations of sale of pistols to folks under 18 also. Just curious.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Help me out here. An 18-yr-old can open carry a 1911 in Indiana? I thought this required the LTCH which is not available until one reaches age 21. I recall there are limitations of sale of pistols to folks under 18 also. Just curious.

Age for an LTCH is 18 in IN, I had mine when I was 18. Unfortunately, someone else has to buy your pistol ammo thanks to the federal government. You are legal to own the handgun, but must purchase from a non-FFL, or be gifted the handgun by someone legal to buy from a dealer. Ain't stupid laws great?

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs

You only have to be 18 to apply for the LTCH. 21 to buy a handgun and ammo from an FFL. 18 if you buy a handgun by a private party. I own two 1911's. One was my Grandfathers from WWII which was gifted to me when he passed away, and the other I purchased off of an INGO user. I love me some 1911!:patriot:

Top Bottom