• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Another "HEAD OFF!" This time in South Dakota on one of the final days of their season. I'll have video up in a day or two.

2012DerekSouthDakotaTurkey02.jpg

2012DerekSouthDakotaTurkey01.jpg

rabbit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have had the same thing going on,I hunt H.N.F around the lakes tipsaw,indian in perry co. have not heard one at all this year,have not been that many times but in the mid 90s up to maybe 02 they would gobble there heads off.The last one I got two years ago gobbled a little bit but not like in the past,maybe pre seson calling or the A.T.Vs that are riding where they should not be!I know they are there you can see dropping,feathers and them raking the leafs looking for food.This year is kind of messed up with warm weather the woods are so grown up so early.Sure do miss hearing them gobbles,might have to look for some new spots next year.:dunno:
    Thats the same county I'm in! I think between early spring, a late season and people calling before season, things are ruined!!Like I said 3 years with no gobbling during season and very few gobbles in many years past! I have even invited friends from Texas and Florida to come turkey hunting and no one will take me up on it because of our late season and who can blame them!

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    A week ago, I made my second trip out to South Dakota to chaise Merriam turkeys. Last year we went early in the season and got slammed with snow and wet conditions. This year we went at the end of their seasons and got hit with a mix of brutal hot one day, damp drizzly the next, and back to blazing hot. Birds were tough this year to find. Long beards seemed non-existent, hens were scarce, but there were jakes EVERYWHERE. In the end we had a great time with all of us taking birds. I managed to get two of the kills on video, so I hope you enjoy.

A special thanks to my good buddies Ed Jenkins, Derek Melchi, and Andy Gardner for making the trip an absolute blast.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IFqfneiX1M[/ame]

Top Bottom