• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Made this thread for INGO turkey hunters to post there 2012 birds.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Just busted my first turkey at 7:09 this morning.About a 4 inch beard,not a trophy by any means,but it's my first and will always be my trophy bird.I will post pics after I get it cleaned and my gear put up.
    Got into my blind around 5:30 this morning and didn't hear a sound til a little after 6. Heard a few birds gobbling off to my east across the lake.A few yelps,etc and heard the gobbling moving in my direction.About 6:50 the gobbling stopped and I hoped they were moving in silently instead of heading off away from me.Finally spotted one coming up through the woods and onto my trail.Walked up to about 20 yards or so from me head on and the ol' 870 layed it down.

Last edited:

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I killed out early as well, maybe 30 minutes after sunrise. I didn't have time to be choosy this year and shot the first beard that showed up. Gotta get packed and wheels up after bear.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Congrats on your bird and good luck with the bear!

Here's my bird and a few of my dog helping me out lol

IMG_8675.JPG
    IMG_8681.JPG
    IMG_8690.JPG
    IMG_8697.JPG
    IMG_8771.JPG
    IMG_8779.JPG
    IMG_8781.JPG

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Bird down at 12:20 PM 10.75 beard and 1 1/8 spurs.
    Quiet morning I THOUGHT I heard two gobbles but couldn't be sure they were so far away.
    Heard a couple of distant shots.
    Nice morning but nothing moving. I knew birds have been using foodplots during middle of day. So I planned on staying in blind all day.
    He came in silent and didn't like the decoys.(I use decoys only about half the time). A couple of purrs put him at ease and he walked on in. Didn't strut for me but I got to watch him for several minutes before I took the shot.
    2012-04-25_13-16-18_84.jpg
    2012-04-25_13-16-45_480.jpg

UNCLE HARLEY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Kendallville
    Nice birds. I didn't get mine today. Called one in to about 40 yds then he quit & circled around me. Then a hen called him back into the woods. I'll be there again tomorrow.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    All of you are lucky to get out this morning! I won't be able to go till Friday morning. I am hoping they aren't too stirred up by then!

For those of you who were sucessfull, congrats!:yesway:

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I went out Wed morning, found a guy that had been gobbling at me from the deep woods.

I slowly moved in on him through the thick, we were calling back and forth. He got quiet for a while, then someone a few ridges over unloaded a few rounds. That woke him up and he gobbled.

I quickly but quietly circled around his ridge and started ascending, scanning the floor.

Then, I saw it - that signature bobbing head. He was about to go behind a tree, his head did a quick bob, and I let loose.

The gobbling stopped.

I dashed up to collect him and couldn't find him. I searched the area for quite some time and couldn't retrieve him.

So, I either missed and scared him off completely or I mortally wounded him and he ran off someplace and died.

What a bummer, but boy was it a fun hunt.

Top Bottom