• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I strongly urge anyone who is close to having to fire or furlough workers to look into this. My company is doing well but will likely see a 30-60 day period of minimal to no revenue soon. To bunker against this we applied for the SBA 7a Payroll Protection Loan. As described above, you can apply for up to 2.5 times your average monthly payroll. The loan proceeds must be used over the eight week period following the loan closing and any funds used for payroll, rent, utilities, and mortgage interest are deducted from the balance and forgiven.

We submitted the application Friday and received approval today. Funds will be available in 1-2 weeks.

Let us know when you finally receive money for the PPP. My boss submitted the application on Sunday so going off of your dates, we should hear back this week.

We do robotic systems and service work and most of that had been affected. No one has been looking for new systems and most of our service work has been suspended because plants have either shutdown or aren't letting outside contractors in.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Our EIDL is pending in account now 5k. The PPP we have everything ready to file but are a little nervous because we dont think after 8 weeks we can be open. This would mean we would still have to pay employees after the 8 weeks to be forgiven if I understand. We do not believe we can be open until July or August. PPE is already impossible to find. We can only see " True Dental Emergencys" until further notice.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Our EIDL is pending in account now 5k. The PPP we have everything ready to file but are a little nervous because we dont think after 8 weeks we can be open. This would mean we would still have to pay employees after the 8 weeks to be forgiven if I understand. We do not believe we can be open until July or August. PPE is already impossible to find. We can only see " True Dental Emergencys" until further notice.

I believe you have to make 75% of payroll for the 8 weeks following funding to have it forgiven.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Our PPP has been approved, no funds yet. We received an e-mail yesterday saying everything was good and funds should be deposited any day. I hope so as they are saying that fund is almost empty.

No funds from the EIDL loan either.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I believe you have to make 75% of payroll for the 8 weeks following funding to have it forgiven.

Yes but after the 8 weeks we have had them back on payroll and we still are not able to open per guidelines of ADA? Do we put them back on unemployement? This loan would not be forgiven if we had to do this correct?
    This is the issue we have been running into some banks say yes some say no. The information for this loan seems to change for us daily.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    PPP now out of money, no new apps being accepted.

I just read this as well. The article lead me to believe that all applicants before the deadline will still receive funding. I hope this is the case and you can get thing's going again. It's sucks for you and a lot of others. :ingo:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Yes but after the 8 weeks we have had them back on payroll and we still are not able to open per guidelines of ADA? Do we put them back on unemployement? This loan would not be forgiven if we had to do this correct?
    This is the issue we have been running into some banks say yes some say no. The information for this loan seems to change for us daily.

As I understand it (and I am not giving tax or any other advice) the PPP is buying you 8 weeks of time to keep employees on payroll.

After that time it is hoped that you will resume normal business. Good luck.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    As I understand it (and I am not giving tax or any other advice) the PPP is buying you 8 weeks of time to keep employees on payroll.

After that time it is hoped that you will resume normal business. Good luck.

My understanding as well. I am 2 minutes out from listening to a webinar from my CPAs on the topic of conforming to all requirements to maximizing the forgiveness. If I hear different I will post so.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    PPP Loan Experience
    • Applied with bank Saturday, April 4
    • SBA Loan # assigned Tuesday, April 7
    • I believe the first backlog following an assigned # was at the SBA level
    • Then our bank got final approval of funds and had a backlog processing loan documents
    • Closed and have our money today! Wednesday, April 15

If you did not get a PPP Loan there is talk of a second round. Work on getting your package together well in advance and reviewing it with your banker. It takes a while to get all the supporting documentation so get it done now. Each bank has slightly different rules so review you packet of documents and have a nice clean packet ready to go.

Now the trick is figuring out what documentation will be required for loan forgiveness.

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    Applied for PPP on April 5. Called the bank today. As of today, it’s still being reviewed. Hasn’t been submitted to the SBA yet. That’s the next step. No word on the EIDL submitted April 6.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My wife has already missed out on 5 shows that have been cancelled. She has had online orders but her business hasn't been that profitable since we had our son last year. She has thought of going the hobby route for 2020 tax purposes or closing up till our son is older.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Applied for PPP on April 5. Called the bank today. As of today, it’s still being reviewed. Hasn’t been submitted to the SBA yet. That’s the next step. No word on the EIDL submitted April 6.
    Then most likely, you’re in check until more funds are appropriated. I applied long form EIDL 3/17, and again, short form 3/30, my EIDL as of yesterday was “in process”. My PPP was submitted at 0900 4/10, as in one of the very first to be submitted when they “allowed” it. Chase, kinda said **** you, your small business is too small. I’m still crossing fingers on the EIDL as it was “supposedly” “in process”, if so I get to borrow $25K over 30 years? Already with the PPP which was SUPPOSED to be for payroll, there are owners that said **** IT, IVE GOT A 1% loan over two years, to do whatever I want. I think I’ll have a GRAND reopening. From my research, MOST of the PPP loans that were funded were $350k and above, leaving out “small” businesses. Due to the language of the CARES act, Ruth’s Chris acquired $20 Million, with 5000 employees, “small” business being 500 employees. It was nothing more than a free money grab for the BIG “small” businesses. And the big banks that accommodate them.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Applied for the PPP April 6th.

Approved for the PPP April 14th.

Nothing yet.

We did get an e-mail about the EIDL saying we were approved for 4K, was supposed to be 10K but they lowered it. We are not borrowing any extra we have to pay back.

Top Bottom