• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    I was pretty excited to find this board earlier this year. Local issues. Good information. The one drawback is the requirement to have 50 posts before being able to use the classified section. I belong to lots of other boards ranging from motorcycle sport touring, motorcycle clubs, VW diesel discussions, and even a Jeep rebuild board. I give and take from each of these and often find answers to my questions without the need to post. None of these boards requires minimum posts to buy and sell on their classified sections. They all have rules and I understand the need for them. I guess that I will just plug along and post where I feel the need. 50 posts takes some people a matter of days. For me........who knows?

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I was pretty excited to find this board earlier this year. Local issues. Good information. The one drawback is the requirement to have 50 posts before being able to use the classified section. I belong to lots of other boards ranging from motorcycle sport touring, motorcycle clubs, VW diesel discussions, and even a Jeep rebuild board. I give and take from each of these and often find answers to my questions without the need to post. None of these boards requires minimum posts to buy and sell on their classified sections. They all have rules and I understand the need for them. I guess that I will just plug along and post where I feel the need. 50 posts takes some people a matter of days. For me........who knows?

As a fellow Merrillvillian...i have been mod on forums aswell.....different rules are needed for different sites.

I think this is a pretty good rule for a site like this, get involved and you'll have 50 before you know it.

And welcome to INGO!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :welcome: to :ingo:

Like OneBadV8 said.... become a site supporter.

Don't forget to ask for your free tin of cookies when you sign up.
    Enter the coupon code COOKIE to receive this special gift.

tumblr_m7ixnnSUIf1rz2l4wo1_400.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rob, this question is asked and answered quite often. In fact, I think this is the 3-4th time in the last week or so it's been asked. Basically this is not a buy/sell/trade forum. it's a community of gun owners that happen to have a facility to buy/sell/trade firearms. And the owner/mods decided it is in the best interest of the community to require that those that wish to trade with the others be at least minimally known so we have some idea of whom we're dealing.

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    Rob, this question is asked and answered quite often. In fact, I think this is the 3-4th time in the last week or so it's been asked. Basically this is not a buy/sell/trade forum. it's a community of gun owners that happen to have a facility to buy/sell/trade firearms. And the owner/mods decided it is in the best interest of the community to require that those that wish to trade with the others be at least minimally known so we have some idea of whom we're dealing.

I realize that some people take advantage of sites like this to buy and sell. I generally like to see what is being sold and feel like I am wasting my time if I see something that is interesting knowing that I cannot buy or even correspond with the seller. That said, rules are rules and I will avoid perusing the classifieds to I qualify to buy. Thanks for all of you responses.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I realize that some people take advantage of sites like this to buy and sell. I generally like to see what is being sold and feel like I am wasting my time if I see something that is interesting knowing that I cannot buy or even correspond with the seller. That said, rules are rules and I will avoid perusing the classifieds to I qualify to buy. Thanks for all of you responses.

Good to see you have a good attitude toward it....you'll do good here :D

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

You need to join the NorthWest Indiana INGO Forum and in short order you will have your 50+ post before you know it. Jedi will show you how it's done (WATCH OUT FOR THE PINK) and have fun.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You are not the first to kvetch about this, so don't be offended if the responses are less than compassionate.

I think they've been surprisingly good-natured. Must have been Evan's admonition; we're all on our best behavior? Well, you guys. I never behave.

In that vein, does anyone else think it's just a little weird to complain about a 50 post min 8 months into registration/membership. That's 6 posts a month plus 2. Less than 2 posts per week. How hard can that really be? Hell, the Women's Forum is guaranteed for at least 2 or 3 based on the number of people with sub-50 posts who comment in there. Surely OP has a story about a female that loves (hates) to shoot. Or a significant other that needs advice on which gun to carry in the purse even though he doesn't want her to purse carry.

:D

Welcome to INGO, OP. :welcome:

Top Bottom