• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Update - My wife has not shown any improvement, and after running more tests this morning she was diagnosed with post partum Cardiomyopathy and heart failure with reduced EF (ejection fraction). They decided at that time it would be best to transfer her to a heart hospital to determine the severity. She left us in an ambulance around 12:30.

On the bright side... our baby girls are doing outstanding. Both putting on weight and all exams passed. They will be discharged in less than an hour at 14:30. I will be taking them to Mamaw and Papaw's to be with big brother and for them to care for until we get things figured out with Momma.

By far one of the hardest things I've had to do was watch my wife and my children's mother be loaded on to a stretcher and be taken away in an ambulance. It broke my heart... and then had to try to explain to my 3 year old son what was going on.

Keep praying for healing and answers. Thanks from The Doughtie's!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As some may have seen... We had our twin girls on Friday morning and they are doing great. My wife, Amy not so much. Amy has been moved to ICU. Oxygen levels dropping, heart rate not regulating, so exhausted but can't sleep because of cough/fluid on her lungs.

Update - My wife has not shown any improvement, and after running more tests this morning she was diagnosed with post partum Cardiomyopathy and heart failure with reduced EF (ejection fraction). They decided at that time it would be best to transfer her to a heart hospital to determine the severity. She left us in an ambulance around 12:30.

On the bright side... our baby girls are doing outstanding. Both putting on weight and all exams passed. They will be discharged in less than an hour at 14:30. I will be taking them to Mamaw and Papaw's to be with big brother and for them to care for until we get things figured out with Momma.

By far one of the hardest things I've had to do was watch my wife and my children's mother be loaded on to a stretcher and be taken away in an ambulance. It broke my heart... and then had to try to explain to my 3 year old son what was going on.

Keep praying for healing and answers. Thanks from The Doughtie's!

Praying for you. My wife actually developed it in the second trimester (we think) with our daughter (second child) about 17 years ago. Dr's think my wife's cardiomyopathy may have been due to a virus, as it did not get better/go away post child birth. It has been a struggle at times, but she got into a study early on and has had an ICD implanted for many years now that has 3 leads (defib, syncer and a pacemaker function), and the syncing function has done her well over the years. Multiple replacements due to lead fractures have not been so helpful. My wife's ejection fraction is greatly improved over what it has been in years past, we believe because of the device.

It is a hard experience to see your wife go to the CCU while your new born heads to the NICU (daughter had a stroke at some point before being born) (and your wife tells you to go with the baby) so I can relate to what you are going through.

Hopefully everything works out and your wife will be ok/recover well.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    For what it`s worth Adam, I`ve had the lower ejection fraction on the left side of my heart. Medication over just a little time got it back up where it should be. Listen to the doctors, make sure she follows their orders, and prayers are rocketing upward.

Top Bottom