• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just curious, but the manager of my Cedar Lake, IN cigar store was asking me about inviting the "gun guys" to her store. So far the only location we've done an "open carry" even has been in the Pine Island/Schererville store, and we've done a couple in that store.

Would you guys be interested in an Open Carry cigar night in Cedar Lake? The store is located on US41 at 132nd Street. It is the far west edge of town right on US41 outside of the city area of Cedar Lake but technically just inside the boundary line of Cedar Lake on the main north south highway.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Cedar Lake isn't that much further to go for a night of guns and cigars. Tell the Indy members it's closer for them to come and meet us.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I swear I'm going to make it to one of these, the week night thing is what kills it for me. Even if there is never a weekend one I still need to get up and go. I get off at 5pm and work downtown Indy, so if I can carpool with a marked LEO :): it shouldn't be a problem. Anyone got one of those new Mustang squad cars?

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    I'm in, just let us know when, it is amazing of your manager to ask to have the gun guys, I am loving it.

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    I don't know about everybody else, but even if it is a buy your own cigar and hang out and smoke/talk/hangout and not smoke, I would still be in. But free with the cigar rep is even cooler!!!!

josh052084

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I live in Portage IN and me and my girlfriend carry, was just wondering when the next open carry night will be. Just joined this site a few days ago, cant get off it and just seen your post and thought that would be fun.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Welcome Josh052084 to the site. Bob will let you have fun and talk about guns and cigars for free. Great way to meet people with a common interest.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I live in Portage IN and me and my girlfriend carry, was just wondering when the next open carry night will be. Just joined this site a few days ago, cant get off it and just seen your post and thought that would be fun.

We should have a new date picked out and I'll post it next week.

The next one will be in CEDAR LAKE.

The store address is 13202 Wicker Ave (US 41). The store name is PIT STOP SMOKE SHOP and its a small cigar lounge. My manager asked about inviting the "gun guys" to the Cedar Lake store so at her request that is where we will have the cigar event.

In fact its a little smaller than the one in Pine Island so I may have to set up a tent in the parking lot for overflow because if the same crowd shows up that was at the last event then we'll be standing room only and over crowded.

Picture8-1.png

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Well now I am already excited, I live direclty in the middle of your two stores. It couldn't be any better location for me. Can't wait to se y'all there.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Hey bob and all from the cigar night, sorry I haven't posted more.

I'll be sure to hit up the next cigar night with a real gun on my hip!

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Hey bob and all from the cigar night, sorry I haven't posted more.

I'll be sure to hit up the next cigar night with a real gun on my hip!

Pretty sure you had a real gun!! As a matter of fact there were only 3 of them there, imagine that! Only three of us drining the glock:koolaid:.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OK guys (and gals) mark your calendars!!!

We will have an INGO 'OPEN CARRY' Night at our Cedar Lake store on Thursday evening JULY 15th.
    :ingo:

The cigar of choice will be an inexpensive cigar, but still handmade.

The cigar of choice is CASA DE GARCIA
    Casa_de_Garcia_Toro_Natural_Bundle.jpg

Made in the Dominican Republic by the same folks who make Romeo & Julietta. The cigar is a mild-to-medium inensity cigar, with a light Connecticut wrapper. We will carry 4 different shapes/sizes (they are not yet in stock) and will be priced at roughly $2.85 to $3.00 each, depending on size. I've not yet tried these cigars but I was told it is a good 'everyday' smoke for puffing away while doing yard work, riding the lawn tractor, etc.

At some point I will start up a new thread for this event but we just set the date with our cigar rep and when I have all the rest of the details I'll start a new thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom