• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Look, i just want to maxamize myself in a cool shirt and get some lead down range. Now start another thread entitled 'Maximizing Your Add Dollars' and yap over there b4 I beat you both with a $0.65 cigar rolled in Gary, IN using imported leaves from Joliet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm scheduled for thursdays again so since this one is so far away from my area I probably won't make it :( but if i get off early i'll be there!
    Call in sick? I'm just sayin. . .

Look, i just want to maxamize myself in a cool shirt and get some lead down range. Now start another thread entitled 'Maximizing Your Add Dollars' and yap over there b4 I beat you both with a $0.65 cigar rolled in Gary, IN using imported leaves from Joliet.

Hey, if the shirt has a picture of a Detonics Combat Master & cigar then it will be a cool shirt :rolleyes: :rolleyes: even if you are wearing it!!! :rockwoot:

Oh, and those ditchweed cigars from Joliet, I thought people stopped smoking those when they got out of college and entered the real world :laugh:

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    I agree with you on your idea of a "shooting team" get the guys from the area that are going to the matches to wear your shirt and tell others about your store, simple enough. We did the same thing when I raced motocross, for another schererville company Maximum Motorsports, and it brought it business and repeat smalltime customers, it is not looking for nationwide exposure, just to get some more cool people into your store to smoke cigars with and talk up guns, and maybe even make a couple bucks:yesway::yesway:.

Anyways, I will for sure be there the 15th, and I stopped in your Schererville store this morning to pick up a couple of cigars for the weekend, I just can't stay away from that Tabak especial mmmmmmmmmmmm good.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . . . I stopped in your Schererville store this morning to pick up a couple of cigars for the weekend, I just can't stay away from that Tabak especial mmmmmmmmmmmm good.

Apparently I just missed you by about 5 minutes.

As for the Tabak Especial Robusto Negra, that is simply an amazing cigar. We carry a Tabak Especial Robusto Dulca, which is the same cigar but with a light/claro wrapper and I find that cigar to be harsh and unpleasant :noway:

How two cigars that are so similar can taste so different is a mystery to me but I do love that Robusto Negra wrapped Tabak Especial. :yesway:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I didn't know Stateville Prison was teaching cigar making there, thought it was license plates and Blues Brothers music. Don't miss my hometown, as I have been in a better state (here) since 1975 and don't want to go back.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    We had a "mini-cigar event" today at the lounge.

Ghost of Winter
    Lady Ghost
    9mmJV
    and myself

Sat and smoked for about an hour and talked. G-of-W brought copies of the Porter County IDPA shoot results with him and we went over those. Turned out that about a half dozen INGO members were at that shoot. Most of them were at the last cigar night.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    We had a "mini-cigar event" today at the lounge.

Ghost of Winter
    Lady Ghost
    9mmJV
    and myself

Sat and smoked for about an hour and talked. G-of-W brought copies of the Porter County IDPA shoot results with him and we went over those. Turned out that about a half dozen INGO members were at that shoot. Most of them were at the last cigar night.

Had a GREAT time talking with you and Juan. I think we have created a monster. He is SO eager to compete. It's fun to see that level of enthusiasm in the eyes of someone new like that. Also Props to you for setting him up with a handgun that he can use to get his feet wet while starting out.! I counted at least 6 members of INGO on the list of shooters. Hopefully we can put together an ALL INGO squad next time we shoot.

Greg

Last edited:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I'm down for open, concealed, or any kind of carry and a few good cigars. Wifey's will be coming out too, strapped, cocked, and locked. Good company, good conversation, and a nice smooth haze. I still prefer the smell of cordite (yes, I know it isn't really cordite), a robusto or two will do just just fine...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm down for open, concealed, or any kind of carry and a few good cigars. Wifey's will be coming out too, strapped, cocked, and locked. Good company, good conversation, and a nice smooth haze...
    Great, looking forward to seeing both of you there!

Had a GREAT time talking with you and Juan. I think we have created a monster. He is SO eager to compete. . . Hopefully we can put together an ALL INGO squad next time we shoot.

Greg
    Yup, he was emailing me at 7am asking if the field was too wet for shooting. I put a CZ 75 P-01 in his hand and took away the CZ 75c from him. The P-01 has a decocking mechanism which makes it more suitable for IDPA shooting. The problem I had is that I don't have a proper holster for the P-01. The P-01 will 'sort of fit' into a Glock holster so he used that today, but is going to buy the proper holster for the gun before his next IDPA match. He is HOOKED on shooting and HOOKED on competing. He also is planning to attend the JULY 11 INGO shoot at Winimac, so he and I will be coming out there. My wife and daughter may also be coming to that shoot. Juan is hoping to try a S&W M&P pistol and some other guns that I don't have that may be suitable for shooting IDPA. Me, I'm just looking forward to shooting!

I also corrected his trigger control and that improved his accuracy a bit more.

Some photos from this morning....
    1z11.jpg

1z10.jpg

1z09.jpg

1z08.jpg

1z07.jpg

1z06.jpg

1z02.jpg

1z01.jpg

1z04.jpg

When we open the new lounge we will be working to put together a team from the cigar lounge. More for fun than for anything else :):

1cigarnightcedarlake.jpg

The lounge is located about on highway US 41 (west side of the street) at 13202 Wicker Ave. We are 1 block north of the stoplight. Cedar Lake is located approximately 5 miles south of the intersection of US 30 and US 41 in LAKE COUNTY, IN.

Picture8-1.png

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Looks like Juan will be like a kid in the candy store at Winimac with so many different choices to try. Glad to see he is having fun.

9mmJV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Looks like Juan will be like a kid in the candy store at Winimac with so many different choices to try. Glad to see he is having fun.

fun?????
    that's an UNDERSTATEMENT! boy was I looking forward to just shooting that I was up by 5:45 am and worried about some thunderstorms ruining my shooting morning with Bob. BTW, God does answer prayers so :ar15:
    there I was :draw: and Bob is just a swell guy :welcome:

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Its great to see that you are getting into shooting so much Juan, you should definitely come out to Michigan City on Wednesday for the indoor IDPA match. Get a hold of me if you want directions or time.

I can not wait for the cigar night, so I figured I would give it a Sunday bump.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    ... come out to Michigan City on Wednesday for the indoor IDPA match. Get a hold of me if you want directions or time.

Just curious but where is the indoor IDPA match in Michigan City? I had no idea there was an indoor range in MC.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Wish I could be there an open carry, but the state is taking its sweet time issuing me my permit. Would be nice to have a nice Drew Estates Acid Blonde and be in the safest place in NWI that night

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Its great to see that you are getting into shooting so much Juan, you should definitely come out to Michigan City on Wednesday for the indoor IDPA match. Get a hold of me if you want directions or time.

I'm going to miss it this week but I can probably come next week.

M&P is at S&W having the slide replaced but I can shoot my G19 or 1911, I have IDPA legal rigs for them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Wish I could be there an open carry, but the state is taking its sweet time issuing me my permit. Would be nice to have a nice Drew Estates Acid Blonde and be in the safest place in NWI that night

You can come and smoke with us.

Usually only about 25% of the people open carry. Non-gun owners also attend these things (they are open to the public) so there is no reason you need to feel any pressure to wear a gun.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Bob, it is about 2 or 3 miles east of RT. 94 on RT. 20 on the north side and very easy to miss, as there is a small sign with a gravel driveway between 2 buildings IIRC. Been by there many times and wondered what was on the property.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom