• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I see we have grown to become a great group of people. We have common goals,a family feel,and I have made many new friends as a result(and hope to make many more). However there seems to be some who view the family here as potential money in there pocket. They are few. But in light of them I would like to make a promise,a promise to my friends and to every new member we bring to this great place.
    1. I will respectful of others.
    2. I will treat other members as I would my own family.
    3. I will recognize we have common goals,and do nothing to hurt those goals.
    4. I will treat those who have less knowledge than myself fairly in all trades/sales.
    5. I will welcome any questions and try to answer them,if I can not I will try to direct the question to someone who can.
    6. I will do my best to help maintain the family feel of this site.
    7. I will try to obey the moderators rules.
    This is a great site. Full of many great members. Let us keep it that way :)
    If you do not feel what is stated above makes sense,you do not belong in this group of great people.
    :twocents:

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    1. I will respect every member here with out question.

Sorry, I'm going to have to buck the trend here and disagree. In my book, respect (Websters: "to hold in especially high esteem or regard") is something that has to be earned, and the simple fact that one belongs to a certain internet forum doesn't hack it. I will treat everyone here courteously and professionally until they give me reason to do otherwise, but respect (let alone "respect without question") is an entirely different thing. There are some folks here who have earned it, many who have not (if only because I haven't interacted with them), and some who are actively working to ensure they never will.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sorry, I'm going to have to buck the trend here and disagree. In my book, respect (Websters: "to hold in especially high esteem or regard") is something that has to be earned, and the simple fact that one belongs to a certain internet forum doesn't hack it. I will treat everyone here courteously and professionally until they give me reason to do otherwise, but respect (let alone "respect without question") is an entirely different thing. There are some folks here who have earned it, many who have not (if only because I haven't interacted with them), and some who are actively working to ensure they never will.

Yes I agree, shooter521 hit the nail square on the head. Courtesy is dispensed freely, respect is earned. This oath listed is really just common sense, we don't need a formal "oath". IMHO

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I agree with that.Respect is earned. I will change the quote.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes I agree, shooter521 hit the nail square on the head. Courtesy is dispensed freely, respect is earned. This oath listed is really just common sense, we don't need a formal "oath". IMHO
    I was not really trying to make a formal oath,maybe the title needs some work :)
    But as far as it being common sense,yes it is and yet some do not understand it.

Top Bottom