• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    If your bike starts tumbling backwards down a steep hill, don't put your feet down on the ground to try and catch your self. The pedals WILL spin around backwards and smash those nasty steel spikes into your shin bone. As my buddy said as he was poking his finger into the wound....Dude...That's your freaking bone!!

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    clip pedals work great especially if you tumble and fall. You get to tumble together. I miss mountain biking in Texas but then again I've gotten older and and bumps and bruises a broken bones don't heal as quick.

Last edited:

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Since there are no mountains in Indiana, I'd say there is no place to go mountain biking. However there are some hills in southern Indiana. :)

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I wanted to start getting into riding, got too busy for it, but there is a decent trail near Winona Lake in Warsaw if you're ever up north. Single track if I remember correctly. There are trails in Franke Park in Fort Wayne, but they are multi-use and not too exciting from what I saw. Probably one of the reasons I didn't do it more was needing to drive just to find a decent trail.

nightgaunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Rural St Joe County
    Ride Imagination Glen here in Portage area. Really great trails, with beginner to advanced. Prob my favorite in Indiana is the Knobstone Trail. Lots of fast rollers and good overall speed.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    bump for Spring

I'd love to get into mountain biking, but like many things, it looks like there is a pretty hefty initial 'buy-in' on some entry-level gear. I love being out in the woods, could benefit from the fitness aspect, and am already in Brown County regularly. Seems like a natural fit.

Anyone know if its possible to rent a bike?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    bump for Spring

I'd love to get into mountain biking, but like many things, it looks like there is a pretty hefty initial 'buy-in' on some entry-level gear. I love being out in the woods, could benefit from the fitness aspect, and am already in Brown County regularly. Seems like a natural fit.

Anyone know if its possible to rent a bike?

Yep. BGI rents out bicycles.

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'm generally too lazy to just go for a ride but I do take my mountain bike to all the state parks when I go camping. Clifty Falls doesn't have bike trails but its one hell of a work out up and down the roads to the hiking trails. Been to the trails on 96th and Allisonville before. Fun to do but some people go flying through there so I just try to stay out of their way.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If you don't mind riding the bike trails, go to google maps and click on the "bicycling" option. It will show all the bike trails in the area you zoom in on.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Outback Trail At Imagination Glen In Portage - Check Out Site At outbacktrail.org
    I'll have to check this out this year. I only had the chance to go to Brown County once last year after getting my bike and had a great time. It'll be nice to go someplace closer to home.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I used to ride at Southwestway Park in Johnson County.

That's not too far from me, I'll have to check it out. I haven't ridden much since I moved back from Minnesota. Boy do I miss the trails up there!

I'll have to hit some of the places mentioned here. When it gets nicer, wonder if we should try to get a group ride organized? Just a suggestion...

Top Bottom