• ...and so much more!
  • Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    lol i had no idea spasmo.
    im trying to butter him up so i can come at least watch the mosin shoot next weekend.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    abnk, it sounds like there's enough interest to do this, but it seems like people are pretty busy this month. Do you want to plan something for the beginning of January? Maybe followed by dinner and drinks somewhere warm?

January is what I suggested in the original post. Am I missing something?

Food and drinks somewhere warm sounds great.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    January is what I suggested in the original post. Am I missing something?

No, but apparently I was. Sorry.

Food and drinks somewhere warm sounds great.
    Might be nice to finish with an INGO dinner somewhere. Spasmo says the hike should include Mosin Nagant rifles slung on shoulders, because you can't hike through the snow without a Russian rifle on your back.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Scutter and Pami, are your better and lesser halves, respectively, coming too?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Scutter and Pami, are your better and lesser halves, respectively, coming too?

I'm leaning towards coming, in spite of my natural aversion to the cold (and to rain, bugs, coyotes, squirrels, poison ivy, sunlight, moonlight, and pretty much anything else one might find in the Big Blue Room). I seriously doubt Spasmo will be into it, though. However, she constantly both surprises and amazes me, so I won't answer for her.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    Spasmo says the hike should include Mosin Nagant rifles slung on shoulders, because you can't hike through the snow without a Russian rifle on your back.

It would take a special area for anyone to "ruck march" with mosins.

To the OP i think it sounds like a fun idea. It may be further away that i feel cozy driving, but you never know.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You bring the mosins I'll bring my "mean looking" SKS. Or at least that's how it was described to me anyway! :D

I like the hike and dinner idea. However I must ask this be on a Sunday. My better half starts her new job Monday and will be training through Dec. I'm not sure what her January will be like but once she's on she'll be workin Mon-Fri. She said she'll go if I give her my coveralls which isn't bad. I'm too warmblooded to mind 3 layers of clothes and a pack. If you do schedule it for a Saturday just make it mid Jan. and we may get an Anti-outdoors person converted! :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A hike in the winter is a great idea! I like the weather, but I'm no good for hiking, especially over anything but flat pavement. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A hike in the winter is a great idea! I like the weather, but I'm no good for hiking, especially over anything but flat pavement. :D

We'll get you one of these.

6tjuvb.jpg

Hmmm...I think I want one too!

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Here's the map and the route I plotted. On the top, left corner I have included some general information.

As soon as I have more time, I will explain why I am proposing this specific park and route. I highlighted the route with yellow, but for some reason every color appeared subdued when spraying over this map.

Meanwhile, you can look at it and offer your opinions. Click on the picture to view it in full size.

I'll also include this in the original post.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Very nice area. I think this is the trail with the water carved canyon area and the cabin. I can't remember now. I like trail ten myself. :D

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I'm in for January 11. At what time do we muster at the trail head?

Note, my wife will also likely attend unless it's "super cold", whatever that means.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    From those who were planning to attend, is there anyone who cannot make the above date because of the the Indy 1500?

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I spoke to the GF about going. I am free the 11th but will need to find out if she is.

If she is free we will join in the hike.

I looked at your map and the website's map and it is really tiny and I cant pickout the trails in it.

I am up for any trail/distance.

Just post a time and meeting place at the park.

-James

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I looked at your map and the website's map and it is really tiny and I cant pickout the trails in it.

The image was resized to fit in the page, but if you save it, you should be able to view it as I saved it. The route is the fuzy, highlitghted trails South of the creek.

I will print one per each person if necessary.

Top Bottom