• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What style of Fixed Blade would you like?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I keep a spare Ak47 bayonett in my truck. And have 3 of them around in general. Perfect and made for war. and I have 3 who cares if I somehow manage to mess it up. And did I mention they are pretty cheap to buy?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have always wanted a big nasty Kukuri, but with modern materials.

1) Steel, I am a noob on this topic, but I would prefer the same steel that is used in BUSSE knives, same with the heat treat.

2) G10 grip material, I just like it.

3) Big.

The down side, I am a cheap bastard when it comes to knives and blades, but if the right Kukuri came along I would pony up the $$$$.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    For small carry around town, either the Busse LMS goes with me:
    edc-milganzaaaa-mrs-left-hi.jpg

Or the Swamp Rat HRLM
    Sheath%2BHowler%2B2%2B-%2B02.jpg

All around, perfect 6"-7.5" for me runs a tie between the Swamp Rat Ratweiler
    SatinGreen-1.jpg

Or my Busse SFNO
    IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

Had khukuris... I guess I'm not enough of a man to deal with the pointy grips on a traditional khuk and I won't buy cold steel on principle (they market only - they don't make anything.)

If I'm going chopper, I'm using my David Wesner chopper in A2.
    PA300399E.jpg

Jed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Try the Smith and Wesson SWAT knife... its non-magnetic "so a trip through Kings-island metal detectors" BOTH ways confirmed...{I forgot I even had it on me on the way in... its like tying my shoes... its always in my pocket without a second thought}...on the way out I just wanted to check... after all my friends belt buckle set the dang thing off. {I never did}.
    Along with a test at the local court house {with the guards PRE-approval}... even their "little wand" with it exposed bare handed found nothing. {After which it was promptly returned to my vehicle}.
    The Smith and Wesson Swat Knife no matter the blade size appears to be consistently NON-Magnetic...
    Just for Your own information... I still like the Kershaw knife line myself but don't plan on taking one anywhere with you these days. "BEEP...BEEP...BEEP..." Empty your pockets please.... sounds a lot like "papers please" to me.
    Over 20 years carrying a blade everyday... never one confrontation with it {Thank you GOD!} nice to know Smith and Wesson will allow me to continue... just in case I need it one day.

Last edited:

cclark2009

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Camby, IN
    Got this one in my den. Fantasy knife from the movie "The Shadow" made by United Cutlery. Heavy as hell and a triple edge blade. If you can't get close, just throw it and any conact will at the very least leave a mark. :)

UC820LG.JPG

barricade

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    oda is a great one, have one myself and a kabar that costs 2.5 times it and think the quality is wey better on the oda.
    so impressed by it that now i want a cold steel subhilt fighter.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    If I had to lose all of my knives (and there are waaaay too many but I've been working on that ;)) then the one that would remain would have to be one of the Swamp Rat (Busse) Ratweilers.

(Not my pic but it looks better than my pics. ;))

RWstripped2.jpg

Top Bottom