INGO colab. of skilled tinkerers, could be very fun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    So I had a thought while carousing ingo, seeing crazy talented people make cool stuff. As a former MOD I liked the idea of coming up with events, or projects that supported the community part of the site.
    This is along the line of thinking like the INGO lower, or ingo challenge coin. But this would be a 1 off product per year and result in a product that you could never mass produce practically. I picture the cheesy commemorative items you see from the nra and other organizations.

1) we collectively brainstorm a product that utilizes as many of the artisans as possible. Consider we have excellent leather, kydex, casting, milling, fabricating, (the list goes on) workers here.
    2) ingo contracts, accepts donations or does whatever possible to get each of these people to make their part of the item
    3) ingo uses this item as a fund raiser for something. (That could be it's own thread to collectively find a recipient each year) ingo members bid for this 1 really cool item. Someone would have to sacrifice themselves to post it because of the no auction rule.

Example: freekforg's leather challenge coin holster got me onthis track.
    Screenshot_20240322-114859_Samsung Internet.jpg

Some ingo member casts a 1 off coin, freekforge a leather inlay or pocket for it, someone else a knife... ? It could be an ornate wall plaque to involve woodwork, leather inlay boarder, brass inscription, some kydex hanging mechanism... this is where group thinking would be fun.

Thoughts? Any chance this has legs?

Top Bottom