INGO INVADES THE
    KNOB CREEK
    MACHINE GUN
    :ar15:SHOOT :ar15:
    243082.jpg

What: Caravan/Carpool & all around INGO Fieldtrip
    When: Saturday, October 10th, 2009
    Caravan Meeting Time: Noon
    Caravan Meeting Place: Gander Mountain Parking Lot, I-65/County Line Road.
    Destination: Hours Of NFA Fun At KCR MG Shoot & Show
    What To Bring: EYE PROTECTION, EARPLUGS, EARPLUGS, MONEY & EARPLUGS.

Please indicate if you are able to drive and how many passengers you would be able to haul.
    Passengers will be shamed into helping with gas money on the day of departure.

Please post below with a maybe or a heck yes, if you can drive, how many passengers
    you can haul and if you can stay for the night shoot (over at 10pm)
    or if you just plan to stay for the daytime shooting (5pm'ish).

Heck Yes List:
    curraheeguns, Night Shoot Ok, 3 Passengers
    mikea46996, Night Shoot Ok, 2/3 Passengers

Maybe List:
    Woo, 7/8 Passengers
    stormryder, Night Shoot Ok, 3/4 passengers
    ghostofwinter
    principal skinr, Night Shoot Ok, 15 passengers

Meet Us There List:
    dice dealer
    kpierce
    gunluster
    jclark
    Boilers
    Sticks4Walking
    CosmicJetFighterPilot

Last edited:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I'll be there. Already a full truck load. Staying for night shoot. If anyone wants to follow out of Evansville let me know.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Can you go to this without shooting?? Before everyone goes crazy, I really dont have the money to right now but I have heard its a blast to watch. Let me know. thanks

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Absolutely!

Be sure to bring eye and ear protection.

And by all means a camera, and or video, you have to pay $5.00 for licensing, or whatever, but is worth it.
    I went and watched a couple of years before starting to do the pistol matches. You can also do Assault Rifle or shotgun, so all kinds of guns are covered, not just the ones with fun switches.

It's great time, I'm there every shoot, friday and saturday, it's also worth it to stay for the night shoot, if time allows.

HTH

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Can you go to this without shooting?? Before everyone goes crazy, I really dont have the money to right now but I have heard its a blast to watch. Let me know. thanks

Yep, 90% of the people there are just there to watch in awe. You have the opportunity to shoot in matches, rent MG's, rent Flamethrowers or buy stuff, but you can also just go and hang out.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Awesome!! Well I am talking to the wife now so I may be able to go. IF(big if) I can go then I have room for 7 or 8 if you will ride in a Honda. I will keep everyone posted if I can go! I have wanted to go and I would rather go with a bunch of gun guys. Thanks

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I'm going to try very hard and stay off my high horse on this one.

Like gun shows, they do ask that you don't carry loaded, untie at the gate and zip tie for the show.

Now, having said that , if you want some laughs, go ask this question on the NFA discussion on subguns.com. IMO, the problem is they use a number of local residents as security, while admirable for helping the local economy, the little bit of power these guys get, goes straight to their heads, again, just my opinion.

I agree, you need to have a secure facility especially with the number of people, firearms, etc.etc. I don't have a problem with that. What I and so very many others have problems with are the ones who really let this small bit of power go to their heads, in fact, I know of several shooters that will never set foot on the property thanks to the idiot security people there.

I would recommend either leaving the firearm in your vehicle, or have it unloaded, out, action open, stock towards them so they can see it's open and let them zip tie it when you get to the gate.

As I understand the story, and if anyone knows the correct version, the reason for the restrictions on ATV's, noone can sign up new to bring an ATV, golf cart, whatever, is that a few years back some of the valiant young men, were bravely defending and protecting the helpless citizens at the MG shoot and were racing their ATV's in the parking lot. A person showed up, and as he opened his car door to get out of his vehicle, it was hit straight on by one of these fools on his ATV, taking the door off, I had heard it was a Lincoln or some high dollar car.

Like I said,only my opinion, if there are drawbacks to Knob Creek, they would be the moronic security people, the awful food, and when present mud.

This is just my opinion, been there every time since April 1992, don't see stopping anytime soon, others may differ and disagree, their opinion.

HTH

gunluster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    I would offer to take people, but I camp out there. I'm usually there on Friday and Saturday. I've been going for 19 years or so in the spring and fall. I wouldn't miss it.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I'm going to try very hard and stay off my high horse on this one.

Like gun shows, they do ask that you don't carry loaded, untie at the gate and zip tie for the show.

Now, having said that , if you want some laughs, go ask this question on the NFA discussion on subguns.com. IMO, the problem is they use a number of local residents as security, while admirable for helping the local economy, the little bit of power these guys get, goes straight to their heads, again, just my opinion.

I agree, you need to have a secure facility especially with the number of people, firearms, etc.etc. I don't have a problem with that. What I and so very many others have problems with are the ones who really let this small bit of power go to their heads, in fact, I know of several shooters that will never set foot on the property thanks to the idiot security people there.

I would recommend either leaving the firearm in your vehicle, or have it unloaded, out, action open, stock towards them so they can see it's open and let them zip tie it when you get to the gate.

As I understand the story, and if anyone knows the correct version, the reason for the restrictions on ATV's, noone can sign up new to bring an ATV, golf cart, whatever, is that a few years back some of the valiant young men, were bravely defending and protecting the helpless citizens at the MG shoot and were racing their ATV's in the parking lot. A person showed up, and as he opened his car door to get out of his vehicle, it was hit straight on by one of these fools on his ATV, taking the door off, I had heard it was a Lincoln or some high dollar car.

Like I said,only my opinion, if there are drawbacks to Knob Creek, they would be the moronic security people, the awful food, and when present mud.

This is just my opinion, been there every time since April 1992, don't see stopping anytime soon, others may differ and disagree, their opinion.

HTH

Thanks! Looks like the g/f and I will be TRYING to make it down. not sure if I have to work or not yet. MAY just try and carpool with someone from up this way or get a convoy going down. ;)

Greg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I think I'm going to have to go to this thing! If my wife can live without it for a day, I'll have a 15 passenger van. I'll check back when we get closer to the event to let you know if the van option shakes out. We would most certainly stay for the night event.

Check out this video: It is titled as an accident, but the guy looks ok. I wonder if it was staged?
    YouTube - Knob Creek Oct 2008 Severe Accident

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Lapel
    standard cab s-10

My wife and I will fill my truck but I have been reading a few threads and would really like to meet a few of you guys. I will be there saturday all day and night shoot. I will be the real good looking guy wearing a AW-SIM tee shirt. Hope to see you there!
    :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom