• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    To read the catalyst for this event, check out this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._show_n_tell_event_in_2010_feeler_thread.html

qn8mco.jpg

Sunday, January 31st, 2010

INGO "AR-15 Open House"

Marion County Fish & Game Clubhouse, Indy
    Marion County Fish & Game Association

2pm-6pm

Everyone's invited!

This event is designed to give attendees a 'hands-on' experience into the world of America's "Evil Black Rifle", the AR-15. It will be largely informal, and give everyone a chance to 'talk shop' about everything AR.

Format

Running like a "mini AR-15 gunshow", there will be many tables lining the walls of the clubhouse, topped with a variety of rifles, optics, slings, sights, stocks, and grips-- in every color and style imaginable. The idea being that everyone gets a chance to see these items up close and personal. Of course, the owners will be on hand to answer technical questions, as well as offering their reasoning for choosing their gear. There is no set schedule, and attendees are welcome to stay as long or as little as they'd like.

Although I am being careful to not 'over-organize', I'd like to see that several different styles of rifles are represented-- such as M4s, 20" rifles, varmint guns, precision builds, hunting rigs, SBRs, and exotic calibers. Due to limited time/space and the focused format, please do not bring other weapon systems or guns to build.

Attendees

If you have ARs, bring 'em (especially if you have various styles). If you don't, bring your eyeballs. We need experienced gunners as well as AR noobs. This event is open to any and all INGO members, so please come out and join us! Being an open house, we expect the pace to be leisurely, the cookies to be warm, and the milk to be cold.

Safety Rules

NO LIVE AMMO IS ALLOWED IN THE CLUBHOUSE. This is a non-shooting event. Please do not bring any live ammunition into the clubhouse. We also ask that all rifles be placed on the tables with their bolts locked to the rear. Every attendee is responsible for visually verifying the condition of each rifle they handle-- every. single. time. As always, the 4 rules of gun safety will be strictly enforced. Again, do not bring live ammo into the clubhouse.

If you are planning on attending, please post in this thread, and let us know if you'll be bringing any ARs, and what type.

Last edited:

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I'll be in the AR-15 noob section, but count me in as well.

Quick question; does the "no live ammo" rule apply to just the AR-15s, or also to daily carry firearms as well?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Very interesting! I would like to attend, and can't see any reason I cant go at this time. I could bring a DPMS lower w/ YHM upper, and a stock NIB M&P15. I could also bring a couple of lowers (DS and Stag) if anyone wanted to see them as well. Ill pencil this one in.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    ill be there.... and ill have a two ars... both built by me... one is a 16 inch heavy barrel with 4 rail free float tube.. RR parts kit with "stoned" factory trigger anti roll pins and a magpul PRS stock, topped by a Super Sniper 10x

the other rifle is a del-ton build 16 inch light weight upper aluminum freefloat tube and an ACE skeleton stock. completed with a carry handle... this is my KISS gun.

ill also bring two stripped lowers... one is a del-ton just so guys can get their hands on one (maybe a stripped lower table to compare?) and the other is a tactical solutions which IMO is about the best lower to built anything precision on due to the adjustable bedding block

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The date for this will quite possibly change to the 31st depending on availability of the venue. Will update this post tonight or tomorrow if that's the case...

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    ************* Date Change *******************

We have moved the date of this event to January 31st, 2010. The OP has been updated to reflect the new date. Thanks!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    ill be there.... and ill have a two ars... both built by me... one is a 16 inch heavy barrel with 4 rail free float tube.. RR parts kit with "stoned" factory trigger anti roll pins and a magpul PRS stock, topped by a Super Sniper 10x

the other rifle is a del-ton build 16 inch light weight upper aluminum freefloat tube and an ACE skeleton stock. completed with a carry handle... this is my KISS gun.

ill also bring two stripped lowers... one is a del-ton just so guys can get their hands on one (maybe a stripped lower table to compare?) and the other is a tactical solutions which IMO is about the best lower to built anything precision on due to the adjustable bedding block

Im still in.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    What if everyone makes the same assumption? :D

(maybe leave it in the car, just in case?)

I might just do that. If it's not TOO cold out, I might actually get there early that day and shoot my .22 conversion. BTW, has a start time been announced? I didn't see it earlier on the first post.

**edit: I went back and saw it is from 2-6**

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom