• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    I want to Trade a Rifle I inherited. The Semi-auto rifle at issue was purchased New-originally by my 1st Cousin in KY. At his untimely Passing, his Mother (My Aunt) gave the rifle to my Father (IN resident). When my Father Passed, I inherited all of His firearms. I have little use for the rifle at issue & am wondering what kind of potential complications can/will arise if I try to trade this firearm toward a New weapon(at a LGS). Has anyone gone through a similar situation & if so, what problems occurred.
    Thanks for any/all experiences!

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    You should have no issues at all. The state of original sale is inconsequential. You would get far more value selling the rifle yourself by placing an ad in the classifieds here of by selling to a friend or acquaintance. By trading with a gun shop you will realize 50% or less of retail value depending on the firearm and the shop.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I want to Trade a Rifle I inherited. The Semi-auto rifle at issue was purchased New-originally by my 1st Cousin in KY. At his untimely Passing, his Mother (My Aunt) gave the rifle to my Father (IN resident). When my Father Passed, I inherited all of His firearms. I have little use for the rifle at issue & am wondering what kind of potential complications can/will arise if I try to trade this firearm toward a New weapon(at a LGS). Has anyone gone through a similar situation & if so, what problems occurred.
    Thanks for any/all experiences!
    Like others have said it's your rifle to sell or trade.

If you could give INGO a shot at it first you might end up with more than trading it in.

Can I suggest you post a simple ad in the classifieds and see what happens? Wait for a few days before you trade it off at a gun shop.

Top Bottom