• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah but even blue chip stocks shouldn't be purchased after a mad rush, what, doubles the price from a year ago? A price that was stable for the better part of a decade?
    True enough. The gamble of course is that it won't drop severely and will eventually go up, especially if the dollar continues to be devalued.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Heard on a radio show inflation of 25% on basically everything is 12 months away. Better predict the next 13-36 months will be massive amounts of lost dollar value. Maybe longer if the D win and continue spending and printing money.

Now is the time to invest in long term goods that will hedge against inflation.
    Let me guess: he advised buying gold.

I can see some inflation (like there is on building materials), and there would be some if there's a $15 min. wage.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Just to put it out there, if you're that worried that the US economy is going to implode, invest in other countries.

The current administration is going to do everything it can to murder our economy as fast as possible and they're just getting started. Meanwhile stock in international freight shipping companies is on the floor because there's nothing to ship (supply chain issues). This is a recipe to make money in someone else's economy. Try as he might, I'm going to resist Biden running me into the poor house as hard as I can. If I'm investing in foreign companies to do it, so be it.

I like metals as a bit of a fail safe, but buying anything at a 5 year high is a bigger risk than I really care to take. Buy high, sell higher never seems to work for me.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Let me guess: he advised buying gold.

I can see some inflation (like there is on building materials), and there would be some if there's a $15 min. wage.
    Wasn't selling anything. This was during the show.

Think about it...where did all the trillions of dollars come from? They printed the money. They didn't add anything of value to the economy, and so every dollar is now worth less than it was worth before they printed the money. We're setting records of currency added to the economy. It will catch up eventually.

Freedom USA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Bloomington
    Heard on a radio show inflation of 25% on basically everything is 12 months away. Better predict the next 13-36 months will be massive amounts of lost dollar value. Maybe longer if the D win and continue spending and printing money.

Now is the time to invest in long term goods that will hedge against inflation.
    I agree 1000% Bitcoin(Digital Currency) went up 1000% last 18 months as well as Gold, silver and precious metals. Technology & Blockchain Stocks are skyrocketing. When I go out shopping, to fill my freezer, I realized, price of meats are twice more then 2020, before when China Virus hit USA. As President Biden and his US Democratic Communist Party sent out $1400 stimulus checks to each citizens, there seems to be an uneasy feeling of discomfort. Now I hear from News, They want to make a law to take away guns from US Citizens without any probable cause and without search warrants. At the same time, they want to open the borders to let Criminals and Terrorists to come in.
    So i thought that, with my stimulus check, I will be buying more ammos & Guns. This is good way to guard against inflation coming. I am also planting potatoes and vegetables this spring. Going back to good old ways. Maybe even some chickens and goats roaming in the backyard.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree 1000% Bitcoin(Digital Currency) went up 1000% last 18 months as well as Gold, silver and precious metals. Technology & Blockchain Stocks are skyrocketing. When I go out shopping, to fill my freezer, I realized, price of meats are twice more then 2020, before when China Virus hit USA. As President Biden and his US Democratic Communist Party sent out $1400 stimulus checks to each citizens, there seems to be an uneasy feeling of discomfort. Now I hear from News, They want to make a law to take away guns from US Citizens without any probable cause and without search warrants. At the same time, they want to open the borders to let Criminals and Terrorists to come in.
    So i thought that, with my stimulus check, I will be buying more ammos & Guns. This is good way to guard against inflation coming. I am also planting potatoes and vegetables this spring. Going back to good old ways. Maybe even some chickens and goats roaming in the backyard.
    Bitcoin, gold, silver - all up due to speculation.

And not every citizen got a payday. :(

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    True. Those that did not are the ones that paid for it....more precisely, their children and grandchildren with no say in the matter will pay for it.

There's a huge chasm between people that didn't qualify for this round of payments and people who paid more than $1400 in federal taxes last year. I'd venture to say that 99%+ of this forum is on the side that is paying for it... especially when you get into families. A qualifying family with 3 kids got a $7000 check.

Freedom USA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Bloomington
    I have a friend, the plumber. He worked more than 20 years, invested his life savings with Stock market, for his retirement for he is self employed. When stocks deeped way below predicted expectations, he just realized, all his lifetime hard working, and his investments towards retirement plan was not working. He said he lost almost 200k this morning, and he is not working, because he is upset.
    Well, we all know how not to have eggs all in only in one basket. Also history of 1917 WW1 eras, Spanish Flu, brought inflations, depression and suffering to this nation. Monetary system of printing money as we understand is going to change in the future, because, nobody trust this system any longer. I.M.F. and private bankers influence, controls the Golden Cow.
    The world banking is changing to digital currency along with advancement in technology of blockchain securities, it is changing. The world currency once dominated by US dollars, now lost credibility in the world market. We know it is inevitable with current looser Biden in office for next 4 years, for sure $ value holds less than 50% at the end of his term, or it will bust, bringing depreciation. Low interest rates and gov. Bailout will help, but big picture is private bankers and politicians with agenda will not make it work. At the end of a day, middle to low income families like you and I will suffer, the most, so preparing for the impact is the key, taking less damages to survive the coming storm.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    There's a huge chasm between people that didn't qualify for this round of payments and people who paid more than $1400 in federal taxes last year. I'd venture to say that 99%+ of this forum is on the side that is paying for it... especially when you get into families. A qualifying family with 3 kids got a $7000 check.
    I make a pretty modest income and I sure as hell didn't get all my tax $$$ back. Daddy Gov has no pity or mercy when it comes to taxing productive, childless adults.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Wasn't selling anything. This was during the show.

Think about it...where did all the trillions of dollars come from? They printed the money. They didn't add anything of value to the economy, and so every dollar is now worth less than it was worth before they printed the money. We're setting records of currency added to the economy. It will catch up eventually.

Yep. This is a graph of the M1 money stock, the amount of liquid cash in the system right now. Notice that this graph goes from 1970 (going off the gold standard) up until February 1, 2021. For every blip in the economy, you can see a rise in cash printing as the Fed tries to print it’s way out of disaster. You can see tiiiiiny little bumps on Black Monday, the Dot-Com bubble in the 90s, and the 2008 Great Financial Crisis, which is where you see it steadily grow thanks to Bernanke’s Quantitative Easing plan.

Aaaaaaand then there’s last year... Somewhere around March 1, 2020, somebody at the Fed turned on the machines and went home.

66DFAACF-9DDE-4391-A7DD-10A03D789C75.png

And as a matter of convenience (to them,) they decided as of 2/23/21 that they aren’t going to continue to update this line graph on a weekly basis. Now they are going to upgrade to a monthly report bar graph, with less data points to monitor.

“Starting on February 23, 2021, the H.6 statistical release is now published at a monthly frequency and contains only monthly average data needed to construct the monetary aggregates. Weekly average, non-seasonally adjusted data will continue to be made available, while weekly average, seasonally adjusted data will no longer be provided. For further information about the changes to the H.6 Statistical Release, see the announcements provided by the source.”

Seriously folks, if you haven’t been paying attention up until now, now is the time to start putting the pieces together and trying to formulate a plan. You’re already behind the curve, but at this point, every day is a luxury.

Last edited:

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    It has already begun.

Steel prices are up 50% and look at the lumber prices. They say that covid caused this to happen but the prices are here to stay.
    After seeing boarded up buildings after lawless rioting started the price of lumber is almost as bad as hurricanes.
    Supply chains are getting hammered for multiple reasons, along with free $$ flowing from stimulus and low interest rates, etc. That's pretty much a recipe for inflation.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    stocks-crashing-money-printer-go-brrr-UYn0FxImt_o.jpg

Funny not funny

Top Bottom