• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The IndyStar has an article about home robberies in Indianapolis that is very interesting:

Home invasions target the have-nots | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

The main point of the article is that homes in poor neighborhoods are the ones most likely to be victimized; not really surprising given the neighbors. It also stated that most of these robbers are people who know something about the victim and what may be in the house. The study they reference also shows that there are two home invasions per day on average in Indianapolis alone. Moral of the story: it happens everyday and we need to remain prepared.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Yes, sir, we all need to be alert. Seems I've seen some home invasions and murders in the "better " areas on the news the last few months. No one is immune. However, what the Indystar reports makes some sense. The higher $ neighborhoods are more likely to have good alarm systems. If they have guns, they may have better guns, ammo,training. And a good,retained lawyer to help them out if needed.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Not to make light of anyone's death, but it is an interesting fact that most of the murder victims that result from these home invasions already have a mugshot on file for the news to use.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    When they've robbed everything from each other, there'll be a need to expand their territory. Crime moves to where the money is.:cool:

Feel real sorry for them if they decide to move out my way, I tend to be a "little" protective of my belongings and life.

I bet the county coroner would have a nice fitting extra big fashionable black zipper baggie for them when they leave my house.:draw:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    This is the kind of robbery that scares me the most. A "bump in the night" scenario will allow for a certain amount of time to get prepared and you can act with some surprise. The bad guys barging in with guns drawn while I'm sitting on my couch eating cocoa puffs is a different thing entirely. That's why my carry gun is always either on me or within reach.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Again:

I hate to beat the drum, but home invasions are a totally different animal than a burglary. The home invaders target homes that are occupied so that the residents can be intimidated into surrendering drugs, money, valuables, weapons, etc.

The home invader should be met with a level of response conducive to permanently altering their patterns of conduct. Have Servepro on speed dial.

Top Bottom