• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I found out today when I took a reel in for repair. I didn't leave it, now I don't know where to take it. 50% off all tackle. No idea where to get live bait now. I live by Eagle Creek Reservoir. Any ideas? Don's Guns? THX

tca1352

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    I found out today when I took a reel in for repair. I didn't leave it, now I don't know where to take it. 50% off all tackle. No idea where to get live bait now. I live by Eagle Creek Reservoir. Any ideas? Don's Guns? THX

Naptown Bait and Tackle
    2910 S Lyndhurst
    Opens tomorrow

As for your reel repair...Tackle Service Center in Mooresville is gtg. Good work...great service.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ugh, that's bad news. I liked that place. They have been open for decades. That's sad.

Now I need to make some time and get down there before they close to get some additionally discounted tackle.

Wonder why they are closing? Always seemed like a crowd in the place when I went.

Edit: Ah, looks like they announced it back in October. Probably not much good bass fishing stuff left. I was probably in last shortly before that.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Naptown Bait and Tackle
    2910 S Lyndhurst
    Opens tomorrow

As for your reel repair...Tackle Service Center in Mooresville is gtg. Good work...great service.

Never had any repair work done there, but been in to Tackle Service Center several times. Picked up a few used rods/reels there over the last few years.

You might also call HoneyCreek tackle. I know they service rods, and am guessing they also service reels.

Last edited:

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for the responses guys. Sign on the building indicating it's for sale. Either they lost their lease, probably not since they've been there forever, or the owner owns the building and is retiring some place warm.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Thanks for the responses guys. Sign on the building indicating it's for sale. Either they lost their lease, probably not since they've been there forever, or the owner owns the building and is retiring some place warm.

I think I remember reading that age is catching up to the owners and it's just time to retire.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    They owned the property and got over 3 million for it. There father started the business. If I remember correctly the only day they were closed was Christmas. Two brothers there hours were something like 6:am to 9:Pm. Seven days a week. They are retiring to devote more time to family. There is an interesting discussion here. https://www.catfish1.com/threads/west-side-bait-shop-closing.236754/

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just wish I had known sooner, as I would have headed down and stocked up. They didn't have a ton of bass fishing stuff, but could find deals on what they did have, and even get extra discounts if you were stocking up and asked if they had any room to move on price.

Half the fun of going down there was seeing what they might have on any given trip.

Top Bottom