Indy Mayor race - do you give two sxxts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you care?

• Yes

Votes: 7 17.5%
    • No

Votes: 7 17.5%
    • Hell No

Votes: 5 12.5%
    • Not even if you wrapped it in Bacon and dipped it in Bourbon

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Only due to Hogs***'s policies and actions resulting in the feral human population and problems getting worse and spreading like a stain toward me. If the decay, destruction, and death were solely confined to his constituents I would not care, those however are not contained and they are spreading like a cancer into the surrounding communities.

I may not get to vote for Indianapolis Mayor, but that office does impact my life (negatively).
    Once the Metropolitan counties got fu sucked into funding Lucas Oil Stadium, they earned the right to have a say who was or was not the mayor of Indianapolis.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looking at the numbers...

The percentages are nearly identical to 2022 Mears/Carrasco (rounds to 59%-41%)

Marion County has 37,194 fewer registered voters than it did in 2022

Cyndi Carrasco received 24,496 more votes than the boring rich guy did in 2023

Even if all of Cyndi Carrasco 24.5K extra voters left, there are D's leaving Marion County as well

Even if all 24.5K extra Cyndi voters showed up, the boring rich guy still loses by over 5K votes

By my math, 183,234 registered R's didn't show up to vote in 2023. I think this is the problem.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Only due to Hogs***'s policies and actions resulting in the feral human population and problems getting worse and spreading like a stain toward me. If the decay, destruction, and death were solely confined to his constituents I would not care, those however are not contained and they are spreading like a cancer into the surrounding communities.

I may not get to vote for Indianapolis Mayor, but that office does impact my life (negatively).
    What a blessing Duane Burgess has been for Johnson county.. We have a nice new jail (doubled in size) and his Posse isn't shy about utilizing it. When that cancer drifts south it tends to get bottled up in the Johnson county jail. :thumbsup:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Looking at the numbers...

The percentages are nearly identical to 2022 Mears/Carrasco (rounds to 59%-41%)

Marion County has 37,194 fewer registered voters than it did in 2022

Cyndi Carrasco received 24,496 more votes than the boring rich guy did in 2023

Even if all of Cyndi Carrasco 24.5K extra voters left, there are D's leaving Marion County as well

Even if all 24.5K extra Cyndi voters showed up, the boring rich guy still loses by over 5K votes

By my math, 183,234 registered R's didn't show up to vote in 2023. I think this is the problem.

That is why "tweaking" Republican voters with the gun issue was so puzzling. That the boring rich dude really thought he was going to gain more Democrat votes with that, than he would lose from his "base" (not that a person like that really has a base).

Heck, it's not beyond possibility that some Republicans showed up and voted Democrat just to punish him.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That is why "tweaking" Republican voters with the gun issue was so puzzling. That the boring rich dude really thought he was going to gain more Democrat votes with that, than he would lose from his "base" (not that a person like that really has a base).

Heck, it's not beyond possibility that some Republicans showed up and voted Democrat just to punish him.
    He probably thought that there were few enough Republicans left that havent escaped to the donut counties that he could afford to tick them off and siphon off votes from Stinky Shoes.

tenor.gif

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    He probably thought that there were few enough Republicans left that havent escaped to the donut counties that he could afford to tick them off and siphon off votes from Stinky Shoes.

tenor.gif

My guess is he didn't think of any of that. He just voiced his personal opinions as a bored rich liberal and never imagined that people may not agree with his bored rich liberal perspective. At a certain point, I think these people never get told 'no' and start to believe they deserve it. The number of people who will be honest with their rich boss is low, and the odds of those people rising to, or remaining in, positions of influence is even lower.

Honesty is the best policy. Unless your opinions suck, then pander.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I only step foot in Marion county once a year for race day. Hard to concern myself with how the city performs from a government standpoint.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    What a blessing Duane Burgess has been for Johnson county.. We have a nice new jail (doubled in size) and his Posse isn't shy about utilizing it. When that cancer drifts south it tends to get bottled up in the Johnson county jail. :thumbsup:
    Boone county likewise. The former sheriff is now riding herd on the current jail expansion.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    In large measure I blame the State and National Republican parties for not only the result in Indianapolis, but the less than Stellar results across the nation.

The Indiana State Republican party permitted a candidate to run under their banner who did not conform to the party platform and was functionfully indistinguishable from the Incumbent In competent Communist.

Beyond weak candidates who Often provide little in the way of a compelling difference from their competition, the Republican party has tied itself closely to positions which are toxic to a significant portion of the Electorate. I might not like that those things are toxic personally, but from The perspective of building a winning coalition they are.

At the minimum the Republican party and its chosen candidates would be well served to simply stay silent on those toxic issues, not beat the drum and State they are critical elements of their platform. Rather, focus on constitutional compliance and the ways in which the Republican candidate's will identify an eliminate unconstitutional behavior.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Boone county likewise. The former sheriff is now riding herd on the current jail expansion.
    In spite of what we are expected to believe by some, time locked away from society IS a deterrent. More jails and some mental health facilities would be a great benefit to the average law abiding citizen.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    In large measure I blame the State and National Republican parties for not only the result in Indianapolis, but the less than Stellar results across the nation.

The Indiana State Republican party permitted a candidate to run under their banner who did not conform to the party platform and was functionfully indistinguishable from the Incumbent In competent Communist.

Beyond weak candidates who Often provide little in the way of a compelling difference from their competition, the Republican party has tied itself closely to positions which are toxic to a significant portion of the Electorate. I might not like that those things are toxic personally, but from The perspective of building a winning coalition they are.

At the minimum the Republican party and its chosen candidates would be well served to simply stay silent on those toxic issues, not beat the drum and State they are critical elements of their platform. Rather, focus on constitutional compliance and the ways in which the Republican candidate's will identify an eliminate unconstitutional behavior.
    They feel the need to be middle of the road to have a chance at winning. Trying to appeal to everyone instead of standing on their moral compass. Still can’t grasp the mentality that we want a GOP win even if the winner votes with democrats on every issue.

Top Bottom