• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • imp22b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Greensburg, IN
    I saw where the Atlanta Conservation Club was hosting an "IDPA" Carbine Match on March 22. I have never shot at AAC or shot a Carbine Match before. I just shoot IDPA at my local club that doesn't necessarily go by all of the IDPA rules. I had some question about carbine matches at ACC is anyone has shot there before.

IndyIDPA

Questions:
    1. What calipers are allowed? (.223/5.56, 22LR, etc...)
    2. What sights are allowed? (red dot, iron sight, etc...)
    3. What is the round count for a carbine match?
    4. What equipment is required? (mag pouch for carbine mags, sling, cover garment, etc...)

I plan on shooting my AR-15 but I didn't want to get to excited if it's only rimfire carbine as I don't have one.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    From the Club's Website:

IDPA Carbine Match: Mar 22, 2014 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
    Details: IDPA style carbine match using ARs, AKs, Pistol Caliber Carbines, and 308 Battle Rifles, etc. No pistols or shotguns will be used. Gun bags and chamber flags will be required. Not recommended for Novice shooters. Contact carbine.shooters@yahoo.com for further details and requirements.

March 22, 2014

8am - 3pm

Bays 1-6 will be used for the match

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    I read where it states, "not recommend for novice shooters". Just curious is it too dangerous or too difficult
    For the novice shooter? I've never been to a carbine only match.
    Thanks Brian

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I saw where the Atlanta Conservation Club was hosting an "IDPA" Carbine Match on March 22. I have never shot at AAC or shot a Carbine Match before. I just shoot IDPA at my local club that doesn't necessarily go by all of the IDPA rules. I had some question about carbine matches at ACC is anyone has shot there before.

IndyIDPA

Questions:
    1. What calipers are allowed? (.223/5.56, 22LR, etc...)
    2. What sights are allowed? (red dot, iron sight, etc...)
    3. What is the round count for a carbine match?
    4. What equipment is required? (mag pouch for carbine mags, sling, cover garment, etc...)

I plan on shooting my AR-15 but I didn't want to get to excited if it's only rimfire carbine as I don't have one.

1) 9MM and greater up to .308 are allowed. Sorry no 22LR
    2) Anything goes as far as sights
    3) Still working on the COF. Plan on ~90 + extra's for misses
    4) What would you bring in the SHTF situation? Bring that. Personally I plan on running a .300 AAC rig with a gemtech HVT suppressor (Still need to test if the timer picks it up in supersonic mode) topped off with six mags strapped across my chest. We have had IMPD officers pull up in their squad cars and run with the gear in their trunk if that gives you perspective on how these matches are structured.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are you still limiting magazines to 10 rounds?

1) 9MM and greater up to .308 are allowed. Sorry no 22LR
    2) Anything goes as far as sights
    3) Still working on the COF. Plan on ~90 + extra's for misses
    4) What would you bring in the SHTF situation? Bring that. Personally I plan on running a .300 AAC rig with a gemtech HVT suppressor (Still need to test if the timer picks it up in supersonic mode) topped off with six mags strapped across my chest. We have had IMPD officers pull up in their squad cars and run with the gear in their trunk if that gives you perspective on how these matches are structured.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Are you still limiting magazines to 10 rounds?
    Yip, we like weapon manipulation under the stress of the clock. From time to time we have a stage that may be high-cap, but not this match. Lot's of shooting and movement though. So let's hope for no SNOW!!! Uggg.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yip, we like weapon manipulation under the stress of the clock. From time to time we have a stage that may be high-cap, but not this match. Lot's of shooting and movement though. So let's hope for no SNOW!!! Uggg.

Thanks for the response! It's the exactly the same reason I've heard from everyone who operates and IDPA-connected rifle match, but I appreciate the courtesy.

Good luck with your matches.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Is a sling required or needed? Can you use coupled mags?

No to sling and yes to coupled mags. The way it will work is everyone will walk up to the line and rack-their rifes at once from their bag before the COF description. When it is your turn to shoot, under the direction of the CSO, you will grab your weapon and come to the line and load and make ready and hand the CSO your OBI. After completing your COF you will show clear and the CSO will put back in place the OBI and you will re-rack your file and the process will repeat itself with the next shooter. Once completed everyone will either bag their guns at once, or put their weapons on their gun cart, and move to the next bay where the whole process will repeat itself. We have tried various techniques and this is the fastest way to process shooters for a match.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I may have to check this out! It has been many a year since I've been to Atlanta... My last year I was a member I made it one time... the whole year... After we moved and had kids it was just too far to drive an hour each way... I greatly miss shooting there!

Just out of curiosity is the club still using the folding wood racks I made back in 05-06?

Jeremiah

attachment.php

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I may have to check this out! It has been many a year since I've been to Atlanta... My last year I was a member I made it one time... the whole year... After we moved and had kids it was just too far to drive an hour each way... I greatly miss shooting there!

Just out of curiosity is the club still using the folding wood racks I made back in 05-06?

Jeremiah

Good question! I have no idea. I haven't been a member there for a while and I quit going to their 3gun a long time ago. I would bet that they do, since they were well made and should last a long, long time with a little care.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011

Jeremiah

You made those? Well let me be the first to say thank you sir! We have used them in at least 4 different rifle-based matches now. We put one in each bay and really helps speed things up to go grab your gun and come to the line!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You made those? Well let me be the first to say thank you sir! We have used them in at least 4 different rifle-based matches now. We put one in each bay and really helps speed things up to go grab your gun and come to the line!

I hired him to do it! He did a great job, too.

rhino out!

carbine.shooters

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Hey guys, just posted under a new thread the match announcement with rules/info. Sorry Joe, still 10 rd mags but we might open that up at another match later this year; hope you can make it out to a match. We want to be flexible and have fun; only thing we are sticklers on is safety. Thanks to the gentleman who built those rifle racks; this is a volunteer sport and we appreciate all the help we can get.

Thanks,
    Mike W and Mike C

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel

I will be the second. We use them every single 3gun match and love them. They are still holding up very well. Thank you for making them!

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Awesome! Thanks... I still have one for personal use, they where a lot of work but I think they turned out great. Glad to hear they are still being used! I think I build a few steel target stands also... couple singles, doubles and triples...

attachment.php

I have a stuff image folder with aerial photos of ACC in 2004. taken from a Hawk Ultralight after a match

Last edited:
    Top Bottom