• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    EDIT: It's been requested you list Lars Noldan as a referrer when/if you sign up.

Hi all. It's no secret Pami and I are getting ready to be first time parents. One thing I noticed over the last year or so is there's a whole lot of village.com type sites for moms, exiting or expecting to get together and help one another out. There haven't been a lot of similar sites for dads.

Anyway, Pami and I went to the Baby and Toddler expo a few weeks ago, and found a great site for Dads in the state of Indiana. Since it looks like they're still trying to get things off the ground, maybe we can harvest some of the power of INGO to help out another group in the state of Indiana.

Dads in Indy, Please take some time to check out IndyDads.Com If you've been a parent for years and years you have experience that might help out those of us who aren't parents yet. If you're a new parent, you'll find others who are likely experiencing similar frustrations, and triumphs that will understand.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you have a few extra moments check out the link.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks for hte link, I'll have to check it out.
    Just had our first, it is exhausting, but well worth it. Good luck!

Wait til they turn 3 and you'll wish you were back in the infant stage. Babies are physically exhausting. Toddlers and older are mentally exhausting.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    My little girl is 9 months old. She's the greatest thing that I've ever done. Savor every day. It's amazing watching her grow up.

I lost my job about a month after she was born. For 6 months I was Mr. Mom. I still remember how scared I was when Mom left us to go back to work. :D I'm looking down at this little baby girl wondering what in the heck I'm going to do. It was the best thing that could have happened to me from as a parent.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Wait til they turn 3 and you'll wish you were back in the infant stage. Babies are physically exhausting. Toddlers and older are mentally exhausting.

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

I equate it to a little midget punching you in the midsection non stop. Each punch doesn't hurt that bad but after about a million of them, you can't take it any more.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Lars, I'm not from Indy, so I can't join...

Xander(my son) was an angel until exactly one week after he turned 2. After that, he became a monster...That being said, the "terrible 2's" are no where near as bad as the "3's".:D

Now that he's 4, I got to join the three ring circus called T-ball...You'll love it and hate it at the same time I promise. :)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah, whoever came up with terrible two's didn't have a 3 year old yet. Being pecked to death by chickens is dead on.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Babies are physically exhausting. Toddlers and older are mentally exhausting.

I am much more comfortable and confident in my Daddy skills now that Calvin is a bit older (3-1/2) and I can reason with him on some kind of intellectual level, even if it's just answering the same question eleventy billion times.

His infancy was extremely tough for me - I just didn't deal well with that "screaming bundle of need," especially when he was still screaming even after I had fulfilled every physical requirement I could think of. Then Lori would take him up and he would clam up immediately. :xmad:

The first time I was able to successfully rock him to sleep, it felt like I had just climbed Everest. :D

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Mine turned 3 in Dec. and he is a little turd, he has to test your parenting skills every chance he gets. But honestly I would not change it for anything. Best little friend and helper that I could ever ask for.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I was requested to update this post asking anyone who signs up to list "Lars Noldan" as a referrer at sign up.

I don't know why, but Ok :)

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    IndyDads is a good site, but is very frustrating......actually most other forums are frustrating compared to INGO, here we have a constant flow of conversation and interchanging of ideas. I am a member on 5 other forums (gardening, wood working, welding, Indydads, christian forums) and really none of them have the constant flow we have here..........I guess I am just spoiled!!! :)

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I don't know why, but Ok :)

May Membership Contest

Hey IndyDads,
    Let’s do another membership contest. My goal is to have 100 new members before the end of the month. All YOU need to do to win is invite as many NEW MEMBERS to the site as you can. What will you win you ask? You will win a $50 dollar gift card to the store/restaurant of your choice and ultimate bragging rights as the member of the month.
    Click here for more information on the contest and rules.
    Thanks and good luck to everyone.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    don't be soft on them when they start to get older. you and your child might think your mean but the first time a stranger compliments you on what a well behaved child you have you will realize your doing something right.

Top Bottom