• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    For anyone looking at going to the Indy Auto Show and was wondering about security...there were no metal detectors or anyone even checking people or bags. Just a guy taking tickets.

I went unarmed not knowing what to expect. Had I known, I would have carried. Did not want to risk it being a couple blocks from the car to the door.

Mark

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks for the heads up, having been before I assumed there wouldn't be any security but that would be my luck when I get there this year.

I always call around to the local car dealers until I find one with tickets, I have never paid to go.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I went today and as the OP stated, no screening at all. I was pocket carrying a small 9mm. The main reason for pocket carry today was that it's easier when getting in and out of 50 cars to pocket carry than to worry about my shirt riding up over my normal OWB carry.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I went today and as the OP stated, no screening at all. I was pocket carrying a small 9mm. The main reason for pocket carry today was that it's easier when getting in and out of 50 cars to pocket carry than to worry about my shirt riding up over my normal OWB carry.

Same here, pocket carry, small 9mm. It's a lot more comfortable than jumping in and out of cars that I can't afford with a belt holster.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Were the cars worth it? Can't find any previews or list of vehicles.

It's mostly the new 2016 models from each manufacturer, with a few concepts or specialty vehicles thrown in. I like looking at all of the new models without being bugged by a salesman, and being indoors and well lit is always nice.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I attended last night with my step-son and his fiancee', and pocket carried a 9mm SIG. Several nice models were on display as well as a few nice cars. :):

They offer free admittance to both active duty and retired military as well as several other categories, so that was nice. Loved the new Ford King Ranch, but at $68K, I think I will just continue to drive my 2010 Lariat.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    This is why I quit going. It's pretty much just a dealership show.

To give them credit the last two years we have went Ford has had the test drive deal where you go test drive any Ford vehicle you like and Ford sends you a $50 visa card, with me and my wife going that is $100 for free, last year O stopped at a dealer on my way and grabbed a couple free tickets although I waited till the last second this year and they were all out still a good deal anyway I look at it, had a decent time and allowed my 3 year old something to do instead of sitting in the house all day on christmas break.

Top Bottom