• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I tried searching for this topic but didn't see any wheat among the chaff. Are there any ranges in the Indy area that allow you to practice drawing and firing your weapon? All the ranges I'm familiar with only allow you to stand and shoot. No more than one round per second, and so on... Any suggestions?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Parabellum will on two conditions.

1: Carefully lower the tabletop So its not in your way.
    2: BE CAREFUL AND DELIBERATE. IT. IS. NOT. A. RACE!

As long as you are safe about it. they are cool with it.

P.S. Per #2, dont be a tool and ruin it for the rest of us. :):

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The only other indoor range in Indy that allowed it was Beech Grove Firearms, and it appears they will not re-open the range portion of their business after the fire, the range having been burned down by a dumace who shot tracers into a rubber backstop (see note above about careless individuals ruining it for the rest of us).

Parabellum in Avon is the only indoor one left that allows it. If you value this, I would suggest you head on over there and support them. After the entry of two Point Blank locations in Indianapolis, the door has probably been shut on the opening of any more ranges.

I fully expect there will never be another one that allows drawing. If there's anything that has come to describe the essence of capitalism, it's the management of profit via the mathematical mitigation of risk (ie, insurance companies and lawyers eventually determine everything).

Parabellum is it, people. After that, it's freezing your clankers off at MCFG...or dry fire.

Tsssst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    South Bend
    I'm new to Indianapolis. Either I'm not finding them on google or there aren't any around. Are there any outdoor gun clubs (as in yearly dues, not pay by the hour) around Indianapolis that allow rifle calibers? Specifically .308 and 7.62×39?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I think you'll have to drive a bit to find an outdoor range that allows center-fire rifles. The nearest one that I know of is the Crooked Creek Conservation Club in Markleville (a wide spot off the main road, east of Pendleton/south of Anderson).

The membership used to be about $55/yr. the range was 16 firing pointsx100yds. They run NRA "high power" and small bore matches, monthly. I recall that there was some talk of building a 200yd range but with fewer firing points.

The Wildcat Valley Rifle&Pistol Club in Brookston (just north of W. Laffayette) is another private club with a 300yd range which has the nicest "pits" and target carriers I've seen...anywhere:twocents:.

There is a club, Central Indiana High Power shooters that use ranges at Camp Atterbury for matches: NRA "high power", 200-600yds; long range, 800-1000yds. I don't remember if that's the same club with a 100yd range in knawbone (between Nashville and Columbus).

Aside from finding a DNR range somewhere, the club in Terre Haute is another possibility.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Beech Grove was my go-to range until the fire. Understand about the dumbaces because that one guy ruined a great range for the rest of us.

Top Bottom