• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Everything is cheaper on the 'net. Kirk Freedman will disagree - and he might be correct.

If you haven't gone you should check it out. Have no expectations and you wont be disappointed.

I prefer the Holt Road armory shows (no charge for parking, lower admission, but smaller).

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    $15 for a 3 day pass, $10 for one day *i think it is*. 3 for parking

Also remember to haggle. The worst they can do is say no... Most like to offer they will eat the tax. Some will come down if you let them know you are serious. Cash is king.

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Everything is cheaper on the 'net. Kirk Freedman will disagree - and he might be correct.

If you haven't gone you should check it out. Have no expectations and you wont be disappointed.

I prefer the Holt Road armory shows (no charge for parking, lower admission, but smaller).

I would to hear when this next show is

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    does anyone know the admission price and I have heard its not worth it to go cause there is not many deals....thoughts?

There are always deals. The more you look and keep your eyes open, the more you will find.

You need to remember that dealers are there to make a living, not to give stuff away. I have struggled with this as I have worked both sides of the table.

Before I started setting up, I would go regardless of if I needed something or not. The more events you go to, the more people you will know, and therefor look forward to seeing. The $10 is negligible in the grand scheme of things. Where else can you drop $10 and see all of your buddies at a venue where three buildings worth of vendors have brought their wares to you?

It always kills me when people complain about the entry fees, but then post up later how they went to Beech Grove Firearms, then over to Bradis, then up to Dons instead of going to the 1500. Compare your increase in fuel to your entry costs next time.

But yes, the show is great!! Plus you never know what special guest someone may have hanging out with them.....;)

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    I always head to the 1500 to pick up accessories for my AR builds slings, ladder covers, magpul, etc. I never purchase any firearms there typically (get put on a hold) although last show I picked up a spikes zombie lower for $85. I have also found some pretty good deals on ammo in the past. Somebody already stated it early in the thread, but haggle. I have found the best deals on items when I actually get to the point of walking away and you get to meet a lot of INGO folks. I just enjoy strolling around aimlessly for 3 hours.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    $10 entry? HUH? Last time I went it was $20.00 per person.

It's Huge, there deals to be had, no doubt about it. The biggest problem I have is that there are way to many people crowded in there. Some of it is timing, late Saturday morning on WOW. Never been on Sunday can't say what it's like. Even as I rant thinking about going because it is something to see.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    When is the last time you went? Pretty sure it's 10 a day or 15 for 3 day... 3 to park. I could be and have been wrong in the past though. I did not stay in a holiday inn last night :(

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yeah it has been $10 for as long as I remember. I think it is always enjoyable to go and always manage to buy something. They are right in saying that it is ALWAYS crowded and a pain to navigate through.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    $10 entry? HUH? Last time I went it was $20.00 per person.

It's Huge, there deals to be had, no doubt about it. The biggest problem I have is that there are way to many people crowded in there. Some of it is timing, late Saturday morning on WOW. Never been on Sunday can't say what it's like. Even as I rant thinking about going because it is something to see.

There is no way in hell that I would pay $20 per person to go to the Indy 1500. That said, it was $10 per person for a one day pass the last time I went (two years ago).

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Just take it for what it is...a gun SHOW...Not a gun store.
    If you happen to find a deal, a rare find or some decent beef jerky, you're golden.
    Pay your money, enjoy your time.
    There no better place on earth to 'people watch'...ya get some characters, that's for sure.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I haven't went to a 1500 for a while now (maybe two years?). I'm not a fan of the ever rising price of admission, or having to pay an additional $3 to park. That being said, I think for things like magazines and carry cases, the 1,500 can usually match or be pretty close to on-line pricing. I've purchased plenty of guns at the show years ago, and in some cases I got good deals, in others, not so much.

Last gun I purchased at the show was back in 2005, the handful of times I've been back, prices seemed more in line with retail stores. The post about cash being king is right on. Dealers are more likely to lower their price for a cash deal.

Top Bottom