• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I was right there when the shot went off. The old guy in the motorized wheelchair was not who fired the shot. It was a vendor selling purses a few tables down. Thankfully the old guy was alright. Bleeding from the calf, and his belly was pretty bruised up. Looked like she likely hit the wheelchair of something very nearby. I think it was a piece of frag that went into his calf. The slug was between his feet on the floor of his chair. He seemed to take it well, but it sucked the air out of the room and I'm glad he's ok.

Negligent stuff like that makes me not want to go back, because it could have been a lot worse. It makes the entire show look bad, and that is a real shame. Enemies of the 2nd ammendment were given low hanging fruit. I love the show, and I love a lot of the vendors. But I've taken my younger brother with me three times, and this is the second time someone was shot nearby, due to **** poor gun handling. Accidents happen, but the last two I've witnessed were completely avoidable.

I think the part that bothered me most is that she was still selling her **** at the booth until the show closed out.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Negligent stuff like that makes me not want to go back, because it could have been a lot worse. It makes the entire show look bad, and that is a real shame. Enemies of the 2nd ammendment were given low hanging fruit. I love the show, and I love a lot of the vendors. But I've taken my younger brother with me three times, and this is the second time someone was shot nearby, due to **** poor gun handling. Accidents happen, but the last two I've witnessed were completely avoidable.
    Very well stated. I hate it too and feel the same way about going to the show because of this bafoonery. Same thing at public ranges.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I must have left before that happened.

It was a good show for me. I bought 2000 rounds of 9mm Ozkursan ammo for $270 a case. There were a few Sig M17's for $500. I was really tempted to buy one.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll bump the thread in the AM. SherylinAvon will be there with me at the opening. I'm setting the over/under for when she splits at 0947.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’ll be there about noon. Didn’t go Friday because of prior commitments. Figured I’d miss the ND. Mainly looking for an M14E2 sling and a few parts. Wouldn’t mind a tactical semi auto shotgun, Benelli or Mossy 940, or maybe a SOCOM if it’s a decent price. Of course always looking for CZ rimfires and S&W revolvers or older autos. Colt LW Commander in 38 Super that wasn’t an arm and a leg would be nice too. It’s always an adventure looking for things on my list.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Time to reset the "We've gone XXX days without a negligent discharge" sign back to zero... If anybody can find a reference to when the guy shot his finger off in the parking lot (IIRC the last ND at the 1500) please post the link. That one was outside, I'm thinking 2013-2016ish.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE at the Indy 1500. Again this is in the expo pavilion, along 38th St. the far west pavilion.

Come in the entrance on the west side, down the main aisle you will see the ZX Gun booth. Close by is the big bomb sign of revolver tactical.

The NRA, NRA ILA, and ISRPA Booth is directly on the left as you come in the front door.

Stop by the booth and say hello, I’ll bump the thread when you do. If you notice me writing down your handle, it’s because I’m old and forgetful.

Mister K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Central IN
    Time to reset the "We've gone XXX days without a negligent discharge" sign back to zero... If anybody can find a reference to when the guy shot his finger off in the parking lot (IIRC the last ND at the 1500) please post the link. That one was outside, I'm thinking 2013-2016ish.
    There was one in 2011. I was there for that one. Entire place turned dead quiet.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    GEN 2 PMags Are holding steady at $10. I don’t know how long the line was coming in but they are still coming in. I did spot one kid with a really awesome mullet.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    @Cldedhnds Pete, and @CZ evo3 Have all stopped by this morning. In other news it’s 1036 and she is still here. She didn’t spend her lunch money before the show opened… But that’s almost a tradition.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was right there when the shot went off. The old guy in the motorized wheelchair was not who fired the shot. It was a vendor selling purses a few tables down. Thankfully the old guy was alright. Bleeding from the calf, and his belly was pretty bruised up. Looked like she likely hit the wheelchair of something very nearby. I think it was a piece of frag that went into his calf. The slug was between his feet on the floor of his chair. He seemed to take it well, but it sucked the air out of the room and I'm glad he's ok.

I think the part that bothered me most is that she was still selling her **** at the booth until the show closed out.

Wonder if there will ever be an effort to educate at least the vendors of this show?

You cannot be a member of a conservation club or range anymore without being signed off on a safety course. You'd think this might be a vendor requirement at the 1500?

The 1500 is notorious for some of THE worst gun handling anywhere. You cannot go without seeing multiple dangerous safety violations.

Top Bottom