• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    I do understand that this is an Indiana board. I live in Indiana on the sunny side of Louisville. Looking for people who shoot at any of the indoor ranges in Louisville. It would be great to be able to meet up with people who shoot in the area and shoot during the winter. Thanks for taking the time to read this!:dunno:

Steve

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There was a post on here maybe a year ago about a guy who was operating an indoor range in the east end. The guy was a former actor I believe. I'm thinking I heard the place had shut down recently, but not really sure. I'm guessing there are several indoor ranges in Louisville, but that was the only one I knew about. I'd be up for some indoor shooting sometime though. I'm gonna try to get to Henryville Friday, if the weather is ok.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I think the one owned by the actor is in Crestwood and I am pretty sure is still open. Bluegrass gun range off Hurstbourne is now closed.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I think the one owned by the actor is in Crestwood and I am pretty sure is still open. Bluegrass gun range off Hurstbourne is now closed.

Bluegrass is not closed.

Welcome to Bluegrass Indoor Range

They are still open for business. The rumors of their closing because of the BS lead levels and the harassment by the KY Labor Cabinet is just that, BS.

Open Range is a nice facility, but too far to drive, too expensive and the Staff has a nasty habit of "hovering" around you when you shoot.

I'm going to Bluegrass on Monday morning to shoot for a while.

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    Thank you for all the info on both places... They both seem like great places. I will make a point to go out on Monday morning to check out Bluegrass and then to check out Open Range during the week. If you would like to get together, Dog1. Just let me know and I will send you my cell.

Thanks again... Happy New Years to all!

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Bluegrass is not closed.

Welcome to Bluegrass Indoor Range

They are still open for business. The rumors of their closing because of the BS lead levels and the harassment by the KY Labor Cabinet is just that, BS.

Open Range is a nice facility, but too far to drive, too expensive and the Staff has a nasty habit of "hovering" around you when you shoot.

I'm going to Bluegrass on Monday morning to shoot for a while.
    I went to Open Range the day after Thanksgiving with my Dad, and it was right at 30 minutes from the Walmart in Clarksville. I didn't think that was too far at all. The facility is top notch, and the staff were very friendly.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Before I moved and before I got a girlfriend with a lot of property, I used to shoot at the Bluegrass range all the time! The staff was really friendly and every time I went, they were always educating some newbies on safety and properly handling.

The only issue I had while I was there was some idiot kid next to me shooting from the hip blasted a hole through the handrest.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I don't think you can find a nicer range than Open Range. Its amenities are top-notch. Far and above other indoor ranges.

That said you do pay for it. It's quite pricey.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Open Range rocks

I had a few days in Louisville this week. Know I was coming here and the fact that I had just got my 308 upper replaced under warranty, I decided to bring some gear along to have some fun while I was here.

Google-Fu put me onto Open Range. What a great facility! I found the staff to be top notch. Since my upper had been replaced they wanted to laser sight it in just to be sure it was on paper and not hitting the roof. Other than some welcome conversation, the staff was far from hovering. I went back today and sot both pistol and rifle.

Cleanest air of any indoor range I've ever seen. Great to be able to shoot indoor at 100 yrds. I can see where some would say it is costly. But, I've never seen anything to compare in the area. Worth the $35 I spent each day if you ask me.

Range lines are clean and well equipped. Computer controlled targets. Punch in the footage and off it goes. Set for "0" and back it comes. Sweet.

Nice .5"-.75" to sight in the two rifles I brought down. Nice to zero in on perfect conditions.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some Pics from Open Range...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had a few days in Louisville this week. Know I was coming here and the fact that I had just got my 308 upper replaced under warranty, I decided to bring some gear along to have some fun while I was here.

Google-Fu put me onto Open Range. What a great facility! I found the staff to be top notch. Since my upper had been replaced they wanted to laser sight it in just to be sure it was on paper and not hitting the roof. Other than some welcome conversation, the staff was far from hovering. I went back today and sot both pistol and rifle.

Cleanest air of any indoor range I've ever seen. Great to be able to shoot indoor at 100 yrds. I can see where some would say it is costly. But, I've never seen anything to compare in the area. Worth the $35 I spent each day if you ask me.

Range lines are clean and well equipped. Computer controlled targets. Punch in the footage and off it goes. Set for "0" and back it comes. Sweet.

Nice .5"-.75" to sight in the two rifles I brought down. Nice to zero in on perfect conditions.

Looks like a great facility. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Top Bottom