• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    When it comes to window tinting who do you call?

I called Zeabart and they wanted around $250 (+/-) and say the guy on in greenwood has been there for 20+ years and guarantees his work. He said they use one layer of film on the back window unlike other places that use multiple.

Do any of you recommend somewhere else (moderately priced)?

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Pro-Tint
    6727 GUION RD
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46268
    (317) 507-8468

They do a lot of tint for dealers but they have a small shop you can drop your car off at. I got my Pontiac G6 done for $180. It was the 4 door and i think i got...20 or 25% tint. they did a great job. I have had 3 tint jobs. Ziebart (over prized, won't go lower than legal tint, but great job), random tint shop (cheap, low quality), and Pro Tint. Pro Tint did the tint i wanted at a great price and did a really good job. I can take pics of it if you would like. But the edges are very clean.

7orelevn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Greenwood
    Tint King is where I always go. Up on Pendleton Pike I believe. He backs it for life and has a steller machine that custom cuts the tint to your vehicle specs. I have taken 3 vehicles to him.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Pro-Tint
    6727 GUION RD
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46268
    (317) 507-8468

They do a lot of tint for dealers but they have a small shop you can drop your car off at. I got my Pontiac G6 done for $180. It was the 4 door and i think i got...20 or 25% tint. they did a great job. I have had 3 tint jobs. Ziebart (over prized, won't go lower than legal tint, but great job), random tint shop (cheap, low quality), and Pro Tint. Pro Tint did the tint i wanted at a great price and did a really good job. I can take pics of it if you would like. But the edges are very clean.

What is the legal tint for Indiana?

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I don't know how to "speak tint" but I want my rear window to be the darkest of the bunch but not too dark that its hard to see out of and a lighter tint on the back-seat and front-seat door windows. What numbers are recommended?

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I don't know how to "speak tint" but I want my rear window to be the darkest of the bunch but not too dark that its hard to see out of and a lighter tint on the back-seat and front-seat door windows. What numbers are recommended?

With 20-25% you can see just fine during the day. It can be a bit tricky at night but not too bad. If a car didn't have it's lights on you might not see then though depending on the lighting. No matter where you go ask to see some samples so you can decide. I would say 35-40 on your back and then 40-45 on your sides. That % is how much light it lets through. So 50% would let 50% of light in.

I had 10% on my truck and that was DARK
    n1164120411_30080191_145.jpg

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    I had 35% installed all around in my car + factory tint for ~30% overall VLT, and I greatly prefer it over the 20% all around I had in my previous vehicle...although I do miss the day time privacy. You should also consider where you might be driving; many states enforce window tint laws far more aggressively than Indiana.

Depending on the vehicle, I typically recommend 35% all around. If you're really set on having a dark rear window, you could do 35% sides and 20% rear. I wouldn't advise going any lower, simply for the sake of retaining visibility.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I had 35% installed all around in my car + factory tint for ~30% overall VLT, and I greatly prefer it over the 20% all around I had in my previous vehicle...although I do miss the day time privacy. You should also consider where you might be driving; many states enforce window tint laws far more aggressively than Indiana.

Depending on the vehicle, I typically recommend 35% all around. If you're really set on having a dark rear window, you could do 35% sides and 20% rear. I wouldn't advise going any lower, simply for the sake of retaining visibility.

This is true. Different PD enforce differently. I have never been questioned about it though, luckily.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    We've used DT Services on all of our vehicles, and he comes to you. The owner's name is Dan Harris and he does all of the work, along with his son. He's done the tint on most of the cars driven in the company I work for too.
    317-507-3347.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Another :+1: for Pro-Tint. Ask for Dave Lemen. He'll come to you if you have a garage he can do it in. Amazing work, uses high quality llumar film, lifetime warranty. He's done my past three cars.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Another :+1: for Pro-Tint. Ask for Dave Lemen. He'll come to you if you have a garage he can do it in. Amazing work, uses high quality llumar film, lifetime warranty. He's done my past three cars.

Llumar film really is good stuff. The place I go to in Ellettsville uses it and it's definitely much better than the stuff Ziebart uses. I made the mistake of going to Ziebart for my first car, never doing that again, overpaid and it peeled fast.

Wherever you go, make sure they use llumar film!

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Modified auto design is where I went. Decent price and did a great job, they are located in Castleton. I have 20% all around and have never had anything said to me.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    The best tint shop in Indy, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, Indianapolis Window Tinting on Pendleton Pike and Franklin Road on the eastside. I love these guys. They do most vehicles for $100, up to 5%, its a professional job and you get a lifetime warranty. Tint King quoted me $250 for my truck, Ziebart quoted me $230, and this place did it for $100. Only thing is, make sure you are carrying when you go in there.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I've had a couple vehicles tinted at Tillman's in Greenwood. They also have a store in Plainfield on 40 by the Odessa auto auction. Always seemed like good prices and they will put whatever % on that you want. On my Lincoln, I had 20% all around and on my truck, they matched my front windows to the factory tint of the back windows.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Keep in mind when choosing the grade of tint you want that the first time a cop stops you at night and walks up behind your vehicle HE will be the decider of whether it is legal or not. (yeah, you can fight fight it in court afterwards - good luck with that) If they cannot see into your vehicle a lot of cops will go to condition red. It has happened to me. It really sucks. But I certainly understand their position. Roll all of the windows down if you get pulled over. I have driven limos for a while and the real dark tint they normally use means that at night you can't see pedestrians without rolling the windows down. And we would get pulled over and ticketed occasionally. Several times I came very close to hitting people stepping off a curb while turning with the windows up and you could not see them at all. Tint is great in the summertime glare but you have to make some sort of compromise if you're going to be out at night.

Last edited:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Keep in mind when choosing the grade of tint you want that the first time a cop stops you at night and walks up behind your vehicle HE will be the decider of whether it is legal or not. (yeah, you can fight fight it in court afterwards - good luck with that) If they cannot see into your vehicle a lot of cops will go to condition red. It has happened to me. It really sucks. But I certainly understand their position. Roll all of the windows down if you get pulled over. I have driven limos for a while and the real dark tint they normally use means that at night you can't see pedestrians without rolling the windows down. And we would get pulled over and ticketed occasionally. Several times I came very close to hitting people stepping off a curb while turning with the windows up and you could not see them at all. Tint is great in the summertime glare but you have to make some sort of compromise if you're going to be out at night.

This is why my windows would come down. 1 so the cop is comfortable as possible. 2 hopefully he won't say anything about the tint.

Top Bottom